• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM AF15
2 2

35 posts in this topic

Hi guys, would you please grade my comic? There is a slight bend in the surface just below spider mans leg. On a couple pages there is a small puncture near the bottom about 7 or 8 mm from the edge and about 1mm in diameter - two of these about 3 inches apart. No page tears or anything missing. I am acquanting myself to grading and appreciate any help I may receive here. Thank you.

image_IMG_1372_1504476281154.jpg

image_IMG_1373_1504476281178.jpg

Edited by Sean1125

I would say 6.5-7.0. The book seems to have some type of tanning on the back cover and possibly the inside cover, which could bring it down.   Added with the defects Bob pointed out, I think it's a 6.5 any day of the week though. Very nice.  I've seen books like this get 7.5's too though- but they weren't AF's. 

Please update us if you indeed get it graded.  What a beauty. 

I am going for a 7.0

What I see

1. some Spine roll (pressing should help)

2. Color break of some type under the price

3. tear to spine on lower left

4. Bottom edge looks a little rough including a small tear or fold on the back bottom

Very solid and nice book.

Hello guys,

This book is in for grading and the submission was received today.

I should know the grade by the end of the day.

CCS deemed the book "too fragile to press". I am very curious about that as my worse condition books are getting pressed. This will be an interesting learning experience.

Edited by Sean1125

8 hours ago, Sean1125 said:

Hello guys,

This book is in for grading and the submission was received today.

I should know the grade by the end of the day.

CCS deemed the book "too fragile to press". I am very curious about that as my worse condition books are getting pressed. This will be an interesting learning experience.

I wonder what caused this designation?  Possibly brittle pages but in a book in this condition I can't imagine.  Maybe they didn't think a press would do the book any good so avert risk.  It will be interesting to see what it comes back as.  I think its going to be a very nice 6.5/7.0!  Outstanding book!