• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why isn't Ghost Rider more popular ?!
1 1

51 posts in this topic

I was flipping through the channels the other day and came across "Ghost Rider " with Nic Cage. Terrible movie. Terrible acting.

But, as I sat and watched it, I was enthralled when he would change into the Ghost Rider. I was thinking, "Spawn has some similarities with Ghost Rider".....mainly, he's cool. He's interesting to watch and while I never read the comic series, I have to wonder why this character hasn't blown up. 

Anyone else think it's just a matter of Marvel doing something worthy of the character ? - I never saw his appearance on "Agents of Shield", but hopefully it's a step in the right direction

Often thought that as well for his first appearance, although I still don't own it either lol

Maybe it's not talked about enough? There isn't even a ghost rider appreciation thread here on the boards that I know of. We're the movies just that awful?

Ghost Rider would be amazing if done correctly.

A biker with a flaming skull?

Dare I say it has more appeal than Sons of Anarchy?

I absolutely love Ghost Rider. I'm glad that they didn't just shoot a reboot of the movies right after the rights were returned to Marvel though. Needed some time to "air that out" since the movies were such a travesty. I have faith that if Marvel picks the appropriate actor to become the Ghost Rider, he could finally get the attention he deserves. It's quite possible that he may best be served as a supporting character on a team or perhaps an integral part of the Midnight sons?

5 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Seems pretty popular to me; MS5 has been pretty hot. The character does have a very 1970's feel to him; maybe needs updating? (shrug)

and with the last public 9.8 sale at 48,500.00 in Oct 2016, it's evident his fans are out there. Now.. if we could only get him back on screen in a big way...:wishluck:

I had high hopes for the Nic Cage Ghost Rider movie, but it did disappoint me a tad.

I was still digging the fact he was on film in the first place anyway.

I think I would give my left arm before I would give up my high grade MS 5.

IMG_20170904_141045.JPG

Edited by oakman29

I think that Wolverine could be cleaned up for Saturday morning cartoons, I don't see a flaming vengeance skull being that way. Wolverine could slash sentinels, Ghost Rider needs a way to be in action and be kid friendly. Movies would be awesome as Rated R films now have been popular, but we'd have to wait longer on the next generation to discover the fun, presumably....

(maybe that's why it hasn't gone on to become as high as IH 181, WWBN 32, or IM 55)

Ghost Rider is a fav of mine especially the early 90s stuff, fantastic artwork (Mark Texeira) with the bike,flames and chains.

The movies however you just want to forget about, a bit like the 1994 Fantastic Four movie.

Im sure marvel will do another reboot of the movie in time and hopefully they get it right because it has so much potential.

Also it seems like nobody is wanting/going to part with their high grade ms5. lol

10 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I had high hopes for the Nic Cage Ghost Rider movie, but it did disappoint me a tad.

I was still digging the fact he was on film in the first place anyway.

I think I would give my left arm before I would give up my high grade MS 5.

IMG_20170904_141045.JPG

The highest on eBay is like CGC 8.5...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I dig what some have said about some comics in that VF being "The Sweet Spot or at least good enough"... To be proud of ...I'd go for a 7.5 in this book

Yeah I'm a firm believer in the more bang for your buck books. I bought mine so long ago for so cheap. I don't think I could or would pay the price for a high grade one now.

I think I paid less than 75.00 for mine. Now a 9.2\9.4ish one is in the 4K range I think.

8 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Yeah I'm a firm believer in the more bang for your buck books. I bought mine so long ago for so cheap. I don't think I could or would pay the price for a high grade one now.

I think I paid less than 75.00 for mine. Now a 9.2\9.4ish one is in the 4K range I think.

Really? that seems like it is in the IH181 price range -- that is pretty amazing to me. No knock on the character-- he was a childhood favorite. The movie sort of soured the character for most including me. The recent portrayal of GR on Marvels Agents of Shield was interesting but not crazy overwhelming. It had that made for TV lack of luster.

1 minute ago, 01TheDude said:

Really? that seems like it is in the IH181 price range -- that is pretty amazing to me. No knock on the character-- he was a childhood favorite. The movie sort of soured the character for most including me. The recent portrayal of GR on Marvels Agents of Shield was interesting but not crazy overwhelming. It had that made for TV lack of luster.

Isn't a 9.4 hulk 181 going in the 15K range? I could be wrong, I don't follow the trends too much.