• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why isn't Ghost Rider more popular ?!
1 1

51 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2017 at 2:48 PM, lizards2 said:

I'm guessing that the whole satanic/horror/monster genres just don't do that great when slanted with the super-hero stuff.  The same can be said about Man-Thing, Swamp Thing, Werewolf by Night, Dracula, Blade, Frankenstein, etc.  Sure there can be some successes like the Twilight movies, but generally, I'm thinking limited box orifice success, and immediate relegation to DVD.

I thought the original Ghost Rider movie was OK (wasn't there two?), but I think all the satanic/occult elements introduced in the movie pretty much relegated it to the same garbage dump as the Dusk 'til Dawn movies - late night B movies that few would admit to watching.  And in Ghost Rider's case, no bewbs (at least that I can remember).  Geeks might think it's cool, but it will never attract a mainstream audience.  2c

I could see Disney making a Legion of Monsters movie. Then see which character takes off the most and then do a solo movie. A WWBN movie would be a cool way to introduce Moon Knight to the big screen! hm

On 9/6/2017 at 10:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I just saw a Marvel Spotlight 5 cgc 7.5 sell for $410 on the bay auction... I wish I could have bid on that

Are you talking about the one that ended Wednesday? That one ended for $470 not $410 if we are talking about the same copy.

1 hour ago, FormerReader said:

Are you talking about the one that ended Wednesday? That one ended for $470 not $410 if we are talking about the same copy.

Ya we are... I got the email and misread it, since it was on my watch list they sent the email before it ended not the final hammer price...:sorry:about that

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya we are... I got the email and misread it, since it was on my watch list they sent the email before it ended not the final hammer price...:sorry:about that

I bid in the final minutes and thought I was going to win it, but turns out there were two bidders who wanted it more.  I didn't expect it to go for so much.

3 minutes ago, FormerReader said:

I bid in the final minutes and thought I was going to win it, but turns out there were two bidders who wanted it more.  I didn't expect it to go for so much.

I would've bid too lol

My money is reserved for something else, but just noticing how there are watchers for MS5 listings proves it still has a bit of a following :)

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I would've bid too lol

My money is reserved for something else, but just noticing how there are watchers for MS5 listings proves it still has a bit of a following :)

Agreed.  Marvel Spotlight #5 still has a following.  I wished during the auction it was a bit less of a following though.  Maybe next time.

26 minutes ago, maraxusofkeld said:

I sold a CGC 9.4 on the boards last year.

I bought a $64 raw that I posted in spare grade thread, and it was estimated at 3.5... The story was a little hard to handle for my taste lol

A little different from the movie... I didn't only know the character because of the movie, but still wasn't too familiar with the origin.