• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Stolen Books--Please read
6 6

313 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

the earmarks of a criminal element that will sooner use what they stole to stage their next robbery than fence it.

if so they will have to post books on CL and bang theyre caught

Just now, comicwiz said:

a clan that orchestrates a hit the way they did with the OP will know how to cover their tracks

true but they have to advertise to catch their next victim and thats the weak spot

3 minutes ago, kav said:

true but they have to advertise to catch their next victim and thats the weak spot

I can't tell you how many times I've answered ads with pictures of books that never ended-up being at the place. You happen to already be there, money burning a hole in your pocket, and the assortment of books do maintain the impression those others ones might have been there.... if only you got there sooner...

Edited by comicwiz

1 minute ago, comicwiz said:

a clan that orchestrates a hit the way they did with the OP will know how to cover their tracks

I agree.  I remember the FF #2 had a stain/white mark on the lower bottom of the cover.  Im looking for pics to post if I can find them.  The Captain america had a really bad spine roll that I had pressed and cleaned but it was still kinda evident.  Im sure they are cracked and sold to a boardie already.  Enjoy my comics boardies.....nice and free for you.

Just now, comicwiz said:

I can't tell you how many times I've answered ads with pictures of books that never ended-up being at the place. You happen to already be there, money burning a hole in your pocket, and the books do maintain the impression those others ones might have been there if only you got their sooner...

well in this case they would have no intention of selling the books anyway so whether they are there or not is irrelevant-cops can pull a sting and sweep em all up.

Just now, kav said:

well in this case they would have no intention of selling the books anyway so whether they are there or not is irrelevant-cops can pull a sting and sweep em all up.

the thing to keep in mind is the work involved in selling. armed robbery is the much easier choice for someone that has no time for moralizing and just wants your wallet.

5 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

I agree.  I remember the FF #2 had a stain/white mark on the lower bottom of the cover.  Im looking for pics to post if I can find them.  The Captain america had a really bad spine roll that I had pressed and cleaned but it was still kinda evident.  Im sure they are cracked and sold to a boardie already.  Enjoy my comics boardies.....nice and free for you.

Will be easy for you to scan the sales threads here for your books.  Very inappropriate remark.  Now I remember you, you are the guy that wanted to meet up with a boardie at a con(or Phil's parking lot) and fight not long ago.

1 minute ago, comicwiz said:

the thing to keep in mind is the work involved in selling. armed robbery is the much easier choice for someone that has no time for moralizing and just wants your wallet.

keep in mind these guys had no interest in OPs wallet

2 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Will be easy for you to scan the sales threads here for your books.  Very inappropriate remark.  Now I remember you, you are the guy that wanted to meet up with a boardie at a con(or Phil's parking lot) and fight not long ago.

absolutely not an inappropriate remark at all and its prob dead on.  With people acting or hinting that my story is made up and teaming up a bit yeah my books could very well already be in your collection or someone else's on these boards.  Please spare me your future comments about how honest and amazing everyone on here is.  Complete BS.  And I offered to meet the person who made a remark to me in person to talk man to man because He called me a D-bag and was acting tough behind his computer.  Plain and simple.

Just now, comicwiz said:

he was coming to sell. they would be interested in a buyers wallet if they lure one with the promise of sweet books.

and thats when the cops swoop in with the sting.

5 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

It's impossible to forget Phil's parking lot, but I think that users name was Mark1.

11 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

absolutely not an inappropriate remark at all and its prob dead on.  With people acting or hinting that my story is made up and teaming up a bit yeah my books could very well already be in your collection or someone else's on these boards.  Please spare me your future comments about how honest and amazing everyone on here is.  Complete BS.  And I offered to meet the person who made a remark to me in person to talk man to man because He called me a D-bag and was acting tough behind his computer.  Plain and simple.

No offense but a d-bag's true colors will eventually come out and this place has a pretty good track record of weeding them out of here.  There are many great people here, honest, and trustworthy and they are by far the majority.  If you think so little of the boards continue to kick it on Craigslist.   And FTR you were acting like a d-bag in that thread, going off half-cocked without educating yourself as to what was going on.  You were right there acting like a keyboard warrior yourself and was instigating and defending an indefensible position.

22 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

I'm sorry, but I think this whole thing stinks, and this nonsense about being already sold to a boardie only deepens my suspicion. 

1 minute ago, MustEatBrains said:

No offense but a d-bag's true colors will eventually come out and this place has a pretty good track record of weeding them out of here.  There are many great people here, honest, and trustworthy and they are by far the majority.  If you think so little of the boards continue to kick it on Craigslist.   And FTR you were acting like a d-bag in that thread, going off half-cocked without educating yourself as to what was going on.  You were right there acting like a keyboard warrior yourself and was instigating and defending an indefensible position.

I'm a bit confused. Is this about this thread or about that thread. Why are you digging into another topic. If you have an issue with anything I said or did in that thread please make a comment towards me there I'll be more than happy to respond......there not here. This thread is to help people be aware of something....the dangers of meeting comic collectors on CL. I know tons of people who use CL to buy, sell and trade. Hence my post. So if you have an issue with me f'n take it elsewhere dude. If you have nothing positive to add to this then don't say anything. just read, educate yourself and stay quite. Nice and quite. And cheer for me to be weeded off these boards. Unfortunelty I'm going nowhere. Next. 

3 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I'm sorry, but I think this whole thing stinks, and this nonsense about being already sold to a boardie only deepens my suspicion. 

Sorry I made that latter comment because earlier a couple people wanted to hint that this story is made up. It's 100% real and can happen to anyone. I'm only trying to make people aware. Period. 

15 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

I'm a bit confused. Is this about this thread or about that thread. Why are you digging into another topic. If you have an issue with anything I said or did in that thread please make a comment towards me there I'll be more than happy to respond......there not here. This thread is to help people be aware of something....the dangers of meeting comic collectors on CL. I know tons of people who use CL to buy, sell and trade. Hence my post. So if you have an issue with me f'n take it elsewhere dude. If you have nothing positive to add to this then don't say anything. just read, educate yourself and stay quite. Nice and quite. And cheer for me to be weeded off these boards. Unfortunelty I'm going nowhere. Next. 

Well I'm sure we are all greatful for the PSA.  But, seems like you are the only one who needs to "educate" yourself on the do's and don'ts of dealing on CL and associated dangers.  Most here know those.  I could care less if you stay or go, I'd prefer you stay as your ramblings are amusing.  Now I'll be quiet.  <3

22 minutes ago, shadroch said:

What about his post saying he wouldn't be surprised a wonderful boardie stole them, and are smiling while reading the thread.  Many people have tried to help in this thread.  The OP's attitude is way out of line.