• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurricane Irma - Florida declares state of emergency
5 5

171 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, shadroch said:

You'd think they would have battery backups for situations like this.

They might, but most batteries don't do well underwater. During storms like this the rain can find the smallest flaw and short out electronics. 

Edited by joeypost

On 9/9/2017 at 0:51 PM, lizards2 said:

I'm picturing an outer wall of concrete blocks with gang graffiti, an intermediate wall of marijuana bales, and inside that, an old VW bus with colorful Grateful Dead art.  banana082.gif

Everything's Right (So Just Hold Tight)

My thought is that they're safe, but I hope the house's are too, otherwise I'd be concerned with that before going to a "job". Either way people's safety is the #1, :wishluck: When I talked to CGC Thursday it seemed they were still deciding on what's what. Yes I believe they still had time to prepare, but I wonder if CGC was being "optimistic" in a Tuesday return is all, :wishluck: God Speed 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

My thought is that they're safe, but I hope the house's are too, otherwise they'll be concerned with that before going to a "job". Either way people's safety is the #1, :wishluck:

Something tells me TATs will be taking a well excused hit for the rest of the year.  This is why CGC needs a Site B or COOP site location.  I'm thinking that recently declassified (thanks Biden) secret squirel government continuity operations nuclear fallout underground mountain base in Pennsylvania.

2 minutes ago, justafan said:

Something tells me TATs will be taking a well excused hit for the rest of the year.  This is why CGC needs a Site B or COOP site location.  I'm thinking that recently declassified (thanks Biden) secret squirel government continuity operations nuclear fallout underground mountain base in Pennsylvania.

A site B? They can't even staff Site A appropriately.

9 minutes ago, justafan said:

Either way, CGC seemed very calm and friendly leading into it, I have friends on the east side of Florida and prayed for their safety. I wake up this morning to hear it's going to hit on the West side, and I'm like awe c'mon :( 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
here/ hear ha you know what I mean

5 hours ago, darkstar said:

A site B? They can't even staff Site A appropriately.

Still wonder how much they pay. :devil: