• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM God Country 1 Virgin Variant (Image Blind Box)

2 posts in this topic

Hey all - I picked up a high grade God Country 1 virgin variant (from the Image Blind Boxes), and it seems pristine except for a very small 1/16-1/8" tear on the bottom of the front cover. I'll call it a tear, although it technically hasn't "torn", it's as if the book was put down on someone's finger which made the cover bend around it (see 2nd and 3rd pics).

I don't have good experience with grading these kinds of tiny "tears" - most of my experience is in high grade 9.6 - 9.8 territory, and I usually only deal with spin tics (CB and non-CB) and have a better handle for how these would affect grade. 

Hopefully these photos are good enough to provide some feedback. The front cover otherwise looks pretty flawless (corners are sharp without bindery tears, and there are no spine tics that I can see on front or back cover). So basically, trying to get a sense for how big of a ding this small "tear" will have on the grade. I was originally going to get this signed by Donny Cates for CGC SS, but probably only if I can salvage a 9.6 out of this... thoughts? Would pressing help at all with something like this? Thanks for your thoughts. 

IMG_8102.JPG

IMG_8103.JPG

IMG_8105.JPG

IMG_8106.JPG

IMG_8107.JPG

IMG_8108.JPG

IMG_8110.JPG

IMG_8111.JPG