• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone explain this? (Original Art)

25 posts in this topic

What a great scheme.

"I'm Gene Colan, and every time I need some extra cash. I just recreate one of my most famous covers and Ebay it. Time for a new car, better recreate that Iron Man cover again."

27_laughing.gif

Several years ago Neal Adams' son was selling Adams sketches on ebay for like $400-600 a pop, not a bad way to make a living off your old man!!! 27_laughing.gif

And speaking of cover recreations by the original artist, here's an Adams piece available for a mere $40,000!! 893whatthe.gif

batman251cover.jpg

And speaking of cover recreations by the original artist, here's an Adams piece available for a mere $40,000!! 893whatthe.gif

batman251cover.jpg

893whatthe.gif Would the original art for the entire comic bring that much?!

batman251cover.jpg

893whatthe.gif Would the original art for the entire comic bring that much?!

For the whole book, probably double that. That's still absolutely insane for a recreation though.