• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harbinger #1 PGX at $500 without coupon worth it?

18 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals. I am looking at picking up Harbinger #1 9.8... I know I know it's PGX. The plan is to crack the case and send into GGC. Now the only issue with it, besides being PGX , is that is does not have the Coupon. My question is do you think it is still worth it for $500 without the coupon? I can probably get it for $400 if I keep harping on the coupon. Your thoughts are appreciated and thank you in advance! - James 

A legitimate CGC 9.8 Harbinger #1 with coupon would be about $800 right now.

CGC 9.8 without coupon would be worth about $200.

PGX 9.8 without coupon would be worth about $40 until (IF) it became a CGC 9.8 without coupon.

I'll even explain where my $40 estimate comes from:

CGC 9.8 Harbinger #1 is uncommon.  Less than 20% of CGC-slabbed copies of Harbinger #1 have been CGC 9.8.

Now, if you had a legit CGC 9.8, why would you send it to PGX? hm  Because it's probably not CGC 9.8. lol

So, a PGX 9.8 Harbinger #1 is likely to be a CGC 9.6 or lower.

A CGC 9.6 Harbinger #1 with coupon is worth about $300.

Harbinger #1 without coupon is usually about 25% of the value of Harbinger #1 with coupon.

25% of CGC 9.6 Harbinger #1 with coupon (at $300) would be $75.

So, a PGX 9.8 Harbinger #1 without coupon is probably around a CGC 9.6 Harbinger #1 without coupon worth $75.

Except that it's a PGX and it would need to be graded by CGC, which would cost around $30 to $35 (including shipping), so you should only pay $40 for it... then it's $75 total.

Edited by valiantman

On 9/8/2017 at 2:12 PM, valiantman said:

I'll even explain where my $40 estimate comes from:

CGC 9.8 Harbinger #1 is uncommon.  Less than 20% of CGC-slabbed copies of Harbinger #1 have been CGC 9.8.

Now, if you had a legit CGC 9.8, why would you send it to PGX? hm  Because it's probably not CGC 9.8. lol

So, a PGX 9.8 Harbinger #1 is likely to be a CGC 9.6 or lower.

A CGC 9.6 Harbinger #1 with coupon is worth about $300.

Harbinger #1 without coupon is usually about 25% of the value of Harbinger #1 with coupon.

25% of CGC 9.6 Harbinger #1 with coupon (at $300) would be $75.

So, a PGX 9.8 Harbinger #1 without coupon is probably around a CGC 9.6 Harbinger #1 without coupon worth $75.

Except that it's a PGX and it would need to be graded by CGC, which would cost around $30 to $35 (including shipping), so you should only pay $40 for it... then it's $75 total.

good points all around! everyone tells me to watch out for PGX.... not worth the risk.