• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

35,000 horror mags for sale
2 2

22 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

3 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

35k magazines but 54 issues.  Hmmm, approximately 700 copies of each.  :roflmao:

:roflmao: A tad outta my price range. I prefer quality over quantity anyway.(shrug)

Plus no thrill of the hunt! Like shooting books in a barrel. :|

Although I just bought a book from this seller recently...hm

6 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

The flood when the "pallets" are opened.  From my reading of the listing and at his website there are only 54 different issues hence my estimate of 700 copies of each. 

No sheit!  :fear:

FWIW, I've bought from Anthony on several occasions and he's a great guy to work with.  It is an odd listing.  My guess is that someone found a huge chunk of these in a warehouse in New Jersey and called him.  Similar thing happened to Chuck Rozanski.  Ironically, a few of the books are actually highly sought after in high grade.  I suppose he looked at the crazy scale of the purchase and just said "$3 a piece?" 

Anyway, I'm not justifying the listing.  Just saying Anthony's a pretty decent guy to do business with in my experience.

On ‎2017‎/‎09‎/‎06 at 6:07 PM, Jayman said:

Mind if I ask: were you happy? I have dealt with the seller before and find he over grades.

On 9/6/2017 at 8:31 PM, wombat said:

You have to imagine the vast majority of these are worth nothing. 

They are worth "something," but it would just take forever to sell them.  As in like forever, your grandchildren will still be at it.  Putting aside the Creepys which you could probably sell one copy a week of online (maybe not...), they other stuff would probably move at $1-$2, maybe more, bring 20 copies of each issue to a show and have a long box of magazines?  There just isn't a big market for these..the Famous Monsters stuff has its niche, but its not endless.  That's why guys like Koch and Dolgoff have been sitting on these for decades too.

On 9/6/2017 at 10:21 PM, wombat said:

I was assuming he just didn't list them all. But maybe you are right. Either way, what on earth would anyone do with them all?

Sell one 54 issue variety pack a week, $9.99 opening bod, for the next 13 years? (That will get rid of 700 of them...)

Of course, he doesn't say it is evenly distributed?  Could be 3,000 copies of one issue of Famous Monsters, and 3 issues of Creepy 3.

21 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:07 PM, Jayman said:

Mind if I ask: were you happy? I have dealt with the seller before and find he over grades.

Not at all. I'm pretty happy with this Nightmare 15 as its a tough black cover to find. I've been looking for years now. The seller had this one listed as a FVF 7.0. Pretty nice copy with very few CB tick marks and no fingerprints. Unfortunately just those two color chips on the upper right. Other than that it is a beautiful copy for $24.50 shipped.

Nightmare%20%2015a_zpsuokkcmfm.jpg