• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BA X-Men.

27 posts in this topic

Was wondering about the Xmen (in general) just the other day.  Don't really see many posts about the title anymore.  Certainly not like we used to.  What's the reason for that?   Is/was it Marvel's "inhumans are our new xmen" push?  

The Byrne books are great.   200-up seem to sit for me (at local shows).  I think I sold a 248 at a show this year for like $5.

On 9/6/2017 at 8:56 PM, shadroch said:

Closed the deal. 101-300, plus X Factor 1-43 for $1300.

Then he had a short box of Bronze,, early Copper, best was a NM She Hulk 1 and a couple of Moon knight 1s. $200, so $1500 for everything.

Pretty sure I will hold the101-125 and move the rest.

That's what I would have done . . . except for $400. :bigsmile:  Nice addition to any collection / inventory.

I've been looking more carefully at these books in past months as I looked to upgrade some of my reader copies to high-grade slabs (9.6 and 9.8). As is the trend these days, only seeing movement in keys, not runs.

#101 1st Phoenix has obviously gone up a lot since the movie announcement - in 9.8, this book is crazy (3x the price of a 9.6!)- hasn't been as much movement on #134 1st Dark Phoenix, but as someone mentioned earlier, you're starting to see some uptick. Some smaller keys like 117 (1st Shadowking), 129 (1st Kitty Pride / Emma Frost), 130 (1st Dazzler), 141 (1st Rachel Summers) may have some value if high-grade, but nothing particularly special there.

Agree in the 200-300s, only real key is 266 1st Gambit. Mini keys in 221 1st Mr Sinister, 244 1st Jubilee, and 282 1st Bishop. With the smaller 248 1st Jim Lee art and 256 1st New Psylocke. None really moving that much.

On 9/8/2017 at 11:20 AM, chrisco37 said:

Was wondering about the Xmen (in general) just the other day.  Don't really see many posts about the title anymore.  Certainly not like we used to.  What's the reason for that?   Is/was it Marvel's "inhumans are our new xmen" push?  

The Byrne books are great.   200-up seem to sit for me (at local shows).  I think I sold a 248 at a show this year for like $5.

I recently decided to grade a few I've had sitting in boxes.  I think they're solid investments if you can get high grade at decent prices, especially anything Claremont

1235048001.jpg

1235048002.jpg

On 9/8/2017 at 11:20 AM, chrisco37 said:

I recently decided to grade a few I've had sitting in boxes.  I think they're solid investments if you can get high grade at decent prices, especially anything Claremont

Not sure why this posted twice? 

Edited by Pinky Lee Zepplin

I've been singing the praises of the early Bronze "new"  X-men.  They aren't over-hyped so I feel/felt confident buying them.  The company that owns them right now is not doing a terrible job making money with them and will likely continue to build on what they have since it is their best avenue to tap into a superhero movie market.  Plus there are so many X-men movies that will be re-run on television for years to keep them in the public .  Lastly, good art, good stories and the early ones are harder to find in higher grade even at a big convention.  You can't really find fault with the early "new" X-men.  

I am "talking my book", but I bought mine because I had confidence in the series.

I would say the Key X-Books in this time frame are Giant 1, 94, 101, 121, 129, 130, and 141.  But any of the early Cockrum and Byrne books are in high demand.  I am looking to assemble the traditional Dark Pheonix Saga in 9.6 grade as well as 141.  That year of X-Men is my favorite run of all time.