• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BA X-Men.

27 posts in this topic

How are these things selling? I have a chance to buy a supposed OO collection of 101- 300, but he is giving me three options,  So I can buy 101-176, or 101-200  or all of them. 

He graduated HS in 1975, and bagged all the books after buying them from a comic shop, but didn't board them until many years later.  A lot of 9.2-9.4s but few 9.8 candidates. 

Do these still move fairly well? He wants what I think is a pretty fair price for them.  My thought is to skip the 201-300 run, although he is only asking $125 for that part if I buy the others.

Any advice?

If your just planning to sell yourself then skip 201-300. The xmen 266 is probably only worth $125....xmen 244 would probably sit too long

Go with what your familiar with :)

16 minutes ago, shadroch said:

How are these things selling? I have a chance to buy a supposed OO collection of 101- 300, but he is giving me three options,  So I can buy 101-176, or 101-200  or all of them. 

He graduated HS in 1975, and bagged all the books after buying them from a comic shop, but didn't board them until many years later.  A lot of 9.2-9.4s but few 9.8 candidates. 

Do these still move fairly well? He wants what I think is a pretty fair price for them.  My thought is to skip the 201-300 run, although he is only asking $125 for that part if I buy the others.

Any advice?

Really 101 through 141 is all you need imo, just depends if your selling or keeping long term, or if the offer to buy is good enough then don't cherry pick 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I'm so upset that MCS is in Texas, they have an 2× IH 181 7.5 in my price range but I'd have to pay tax cause it is in Texas :pullhair: I've never bought off the boards and not familiar with it, I'll have to find it somewhere :makepoint:

rantrant  :(

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I would agree and I like 205 too, but that's different kind of. Do any of them move fast though? ?

The last time I bought a collection with a bunch of these, I could not even move 221, 244, 248, 282, 283 etc to dealers. 212, 213 do seem to move, but other than those and of course 266 I've not had much luck with that era of X-Men. Just my anecdotal experience in my neck of the woods.

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm so upset that MCS is in Texas, they have an 2× IH 181 7.5 in my price range but I'd have to pay tax cause it is in Texas :pullhair: I've never bought off the boards and not familiar with it, I'll have to find it somewhere :makepoint:

rantrant  :(

Do you have an out of state friend who could order it for you?

2 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Do you have an out of state friend who could order it for you?

I wouldn't have considered it lol

I could but i wouldn't, since it's in the $1860 range and I don't feel they'd want to be held responsible 

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wouldn't have considered it lol

I could but i wouldn't, since it's in the $1860 range and I don't feel they'd want to be held responsible 

Yes, for sure it would have to be a close, old friend...someone you could send the $$ to first. We're talking childhood friend type; it was a longshot. 

Closed the deal. 101-300, plus X Factor 1-43 for $1300.

Then he had a short box of Bronze,, early Copper, best was a NM She Hulk 1 and a couple of Moon knight 1s. $200, so $1500 for everything.

Pretty sure I will hold the101-125 and move the rest.

Edited by shadroch

22 hours ago, shadroch said:

Closed the deal. 101-300, plus X Factor 1-43 for $1300.

Then he had a short box of Bronze,, early Copper, best was a NM She Hulk 1 and a couple of Moon knight 1s. $200, so $1500 for everything.

Pretty sure I will hold the101-125 and move the rest.

Right on! Sounds to me like you got a good deal!

Looking through these today, I think I might have undergraded many of them. From about 117 on, there are a number of candidates for slabbing and possible 9.6+s. On the downside, 108-112 are in the 7.5-8.0 range.

Been awhile since I had a buy like this.