• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC re-holder a cracked SS case?

6 posts in this topic

Unless the slab is utterly destroyed to where it affects the grade, CGC will honor the previous grade.  If it's so damaged that it does affect the grade, CGC will call you and inform you it needs to be re-graded and give you some options before proceeding.  Also, as I know it, unless it's damaged so much that it'd be possible to pull a switcheroo on the signed book, CGC will honor the SS label during the reholder. HTH!

Jerome

Curious if CGC will reholder a SS piece out of the slab but with the original label, like they do with pedigree comics. I suspect the answer is no, which makes my asking truly unfortunate. 

Edited by cstojano

Your suspicion is right, they won't... if there's any way the book could be switched out with another, they won't do it. It's understandable to maintain the integrity of the yellow label - imagine they let some of these go, a forgery is discovered, the whole system comes crashing down.