• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

!SOLD! >$8,600< CGC 9.9 6-Cover Amazing Spiderman #361!!
2 2

50 posts in this topic

UPDATE: Hey all, this book was sent off to ComicLink and was listed in their Fall Featured Auction that ended on November 29th. The winning bid was $8,600! A monumental sale for a modern book, and one holy grail was added to someones collection! 

Hey CGC Forum!
Here I present my SEXTUPLE COVER CGC 9.9 Amazing Spiderman #361!!!! Fresh back from CGC! Truly a 1 of a kind. MINTY fresh with WHITE pages! This is currently the only Graded 9.9 Blue Label on the CGC Census (there is a 9.9 8-cover signed by Stan).

My heart is still racing. I am stuck trying to finds words to describe the feeling.
I am truly blessed. Huge shoutout to CGC for their amazing pressing and grading teams!

This will most likely get sent to Comic Link to be auctioned off in their Fall Featured Auction in November! 

x444rq.jpg%5B

IMG_9665.thumb.JPG.31ded1b26793b2a8ef77bc4c97f4a5ee.JPG

Edited by Sly Shadow

26 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

Is this the one I vaguely recall hearing about ... purchased for $100? If so that will likely be a decent return at auction.

lol Yes sir, that is the one. I'm definitely going to take a chunk of the sale amount and give it to the gentleman that I purchased it from. 

12 hours ago, Sly Shadow said:

Hey CGC Forum!
Here I present my SEXTUPLE COVER CGC 9.9 Amazing Spiderman #361!!!! Fresh back from CGC! Truly a 1 of a kind. MINTY fresh with WHITE pages! This is currently the only Graded 9.9 Blue Label on the CGC Census (there is a 9.9 8-cover signed by Stan).

My heart is still racing. I am stuck trying to finds words to describe the feeling.
I am truly blessed. Huge shoutout to CGC for their amazing pressing and grading teams!

This will most likely get sent to Comic Link to be auctioned off in their Fall Featured Auction in November! 

x444rq.jpg%5B

IMG_9665.thumb.JPG.31ded1b26793b2a8ef77bc4c97f4a5ee.JPG

I am speechless. Putting it in auction is the only way to truly ascertain FMV. Good Luck !

Edited by Bomber-Bob

Wow, that really is something. I originally thought that it MUST be a hoax, a book that had been monkeyed with. Crazy stuff. Congrats!

10 hours ago, Derbyfan701 said:

Curious....do you have any idea of what you expect the final price to be at auction? Rough estimate maybe?

I really believe this could pull in a few thousand, maybe even reach 5 figures? I mean it covers a lot of desirable fields. 

Its a 9.9 (rare)

It has 6 covers (even more rare)

Its a Spiderman book

Its the first appearance of Carnage

Its a 1 of 1 as of now.

There hasnt been a book like this for sale recently, and with the Venom movie type train, it could draw a lot if attention. 

Anyone else think they gave that 3rd cover a 9.9 just for the buzz. There's going to be a LOT of hype on this book (and CGC) when it hits the auction. It still would have got a lot of press as a 9.8, but a 9.9?!?!

Side bar, there has never been a 9.9 blue in all this time, but two pop up on the census in the last week? Am I reading that right?

Regardless, congrats! That is an amazing book that any collector would be lucky to have!

2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Side bar, there has never been a 9.9 blue in all this time, but two pop up on the census in the last week? Am I reading that right?

Yes, I remember checking the census before I submitted it and there was only 1 9.9 and it was Sig Series. I was a little sad when I found out another 9.9 blue label had been graded, but I bet its not 6 covered ;) 

Just a snarky comment that hopefully will be taken as nicer than it sounds...

Congratulations, you have a very high valued comic book from the 30th year of Spider-man's existence... so in the title and all the other times you mention Spider-Man online, you will be seen as "more worthy of a big paycheck for your comic" if you spell it Spider-man or Spider-Man, but not Spiderman.

:foryou: