• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A question for dealers on wall books

3 posts in this topic

A question to dealers or anyone else who knows. I am in Australia, so like many foreign buyers I have used dealers catalogs and now ebay and auction sites. I have noticed in recent years with top 50 SA books that often asking prices on ebay for BIN from dealers are above the curve for GPA or prior auction sales. Sometimes these books take a small discount to the price, sometimes they sell to an offer. Many times they disappear from the listing. Same dealer will then  list others of that particular book (eg Flash 105)  at different grades and then after a while they too disappear from the auction listing. These for example do not turn up on ebay as sold. So a question to those who know. Has the dealer found a buyer at a Con or from a want list, or maybe to another dealer, or is he just sitting for a while for the market to move up a little more ?

7 hours ago, Terry E. said:

Has the dealer found a buyer at a Con or from a want list, or maybe to another dealer, or is he just sitting for a while for the market to move up a little more ?

I would say "yes" to all of those.   Although "holding" the book would, most likely, be the least used (dealers are in the business to sell, so always good to turn stock).