• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Those Tough Black Cover Mags!
3 3

161 posts in this topic

Face it, dark cover or solid color books always show those nasty defects: spine ticks, CB creases and staple tears. Black covers being the worst. Now magnify that to magazine size and you have one heck of a time finding a near flawless copy. This thread is for showing off some of those tough black cover mags. Post 'em if you got 'em! (thumbsu

Comix%20International%20%202%20Front_zpsComix%20International%20%202%20Back_zpsh

Skywalds were notorious for some tough black covers. Add to that, whatever type of ink they used always came off and created fingerprints and smudges. :pullhair:

Here are some better examples I've luckily come across...

Psycho%20%2022_zpshkh8ub3o.jpg

I thought I had a better copy of this one. Maybe I do and forgot to scan it. hm

Anyhow you can see the infamous fingerprints on this copy. Also this issue has some great Tom Sutton art within! :cloud9:

Creepy%20%2040_zpsmogmsf43.jpg

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Forgive the other pic. Seems we can't delete a photo once it's in there.:tonofbricks:

Doesn't hurt that it's a great photo. (worship)

Spoiler

When you go to edit... go to the very bottom and click the garbage can icon at the bottom right of the photo you want to delete. It should say "remove this attachment" when you hover over it.
I think that would work.

2 minutes ago, Jayman said:

@ThothAmon Very nice ! I forgot about that Creepy 72 Annual. I have one somewhere...also you could buy that mask on the cover. It was always for sale on the inside of the Warren mags.

That Creepy 39 is super tough in grade, nice.