• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver Comic Con today...Who's going?

5 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, DarkKnightReturns said:

Anyone buying or selling at the Vancouver Comic Con today ?

http://www.vancouvercomiccon.com

well...I went today...thought the turn out was pretty good. Lots of familiar faces and some new. Definitely more older guys than young. 

Picked up a bunch of modern Batman run fillers and few other one offs. Nothin special.

Howard Chaykin seemed like quite the guy. Looked like he was entertaining the whole group that was huddled around him making jokes and telling stories. 

5 hours ago, DarkKnightReturns said:

Howard Chaykin seemed like quite the guy. Looked like he was entertaining the whole group that was huddled around him making jokes and telling stories. 

I could only stay at the con for about 45 mins, as I had to run off for some family matter. I really wanted to buy a published page from Chaykin but never got close enough to dig thru his original art. I did flip thru some of his pre-drawn illos but they did not have any prices written on the back or front and Chaykin was too busy chatting with his fans to discuss prices. :angel:

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

I could only stay at the con for about 45 mins, as I had to run off for some family matter. I really wanted to buy a published page from Chaykin but never got close enough to dig thru his original art. I did flip thru some of his pre-drawn illos but they did not have any prices written on the back or front and Chaykin was too busy chatting with his fans to discuss prices. :angel:

We were set up at the Calgary Red and White.  Did see your wing man Nick.