• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Len Wein
4 4

65 posts in this topic

He was 69. One of the true cornerstones of the industry. New X-Men, Swamp Thing, editor on The Watchmen,  and also he was mostly responsible for getting British writers such as Alan Moore to work for DC in the 80s.

A sad loss indeed. :frown:

Edited by goldust40

Oh No! the comics SS Marvel Preview 2 that I'm waiting to get back that is at CGC he signed, I guess it makes it all the more special, but dang kind of slaps me in the face all at the same time.... :( 

One of the iconic writers from the Bronze Age period during which I first started reading comics, and responsible for starting the process of reinvigorating my all-time favourite super-hero team. 

A sad loss.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I met him at the first Vegas Con and I had the Heroes Initiative Three Minute Sketch book with me.

He signed another book for me and asked to look through the sketchbook. To my surprise, he asked if he could do a sketch.  He drew a wickedly evil looking Batman in under two minutes.

Rest in Peace.