• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Breaking Coverless Copies?

43 posts in this topic

This "coverless" copy of Detective Comics #27 ends on ComicConnect tonight.

LINK

Original cover missing, 1st-3rd wraps missing and centerfold missing. No Batman parts, but everything that's missing is replaced with color reproduction copies.

I could see this going for 15K+. It's rare to see a complete coverless copy and I've never seen an individually slabbed Tec #27 page, Batman or otherwise. Yes, no Batman parts but most of an original Tec #27 is all there. Really, really cool piece.

Just now, jabats said:

Hammered for ~22k.

My guess was 15K+, this price was strong. Still, there are only so many Tec #27's out there. It's also worth noting that Tec #27 has some good material inside, in addition to Batman.

If you don't have 35K, 40K, 50K...whatever it would take to land a "complete" coverless copy, this would be your opportunity to acquire the #2 book in our hobby.

Its The holy grail along with Action 1 being at the top. Action 1 transcends the hobby.

So a complete tec 27 would be almost 100k...An action already is 100k for a complete  coverless 

any batman page single format 10k-15k

the centerfold 15-25k for someone who needs to complete there copy.

45 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

My guess was 15K+, this price was strong. Still, there are only so many Tec #27's out there. It's also worth noting that Tec #27 has some good material inside, in addition to Batman.

If you don't have 35K, 40K, 50K...whatever it would take to land a "complete" coverless copy, this would be your opportunity to acquire the #2 book in our hobby.

Yeah I gotta think a complete coverless Tec 27 is a 50k + book at this point if a complete coverless Action 1 is worth 100k? Can't be far behind.

*I am biased though.

Edited by jabats

59 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Has a coverless Action #1 ever sold for 100K?

Sorry yeah not sure, I was referencing zen514's comment.

If* A complete action 1 is a 100k book now, then* Tec 27 surely can't be far behind.

Edited by jabats

17 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Looks like huuuuge discounts for coverless copies across the board, regardless of the book.  

-J.

The CC 27 sold for a record high. Not only coverless but missing several other pages incl cf

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=727870

Edited by Gotham Kid

13 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Looks like huuuuge discounts for coverless copies across the board, regardless of the book.  

-J.

Discount vs. a copy with a cover, no doubt. But if we're talking one of the Top-5 as in Action #1, Tec #27, Superman #1, Cap #1 and Batman #1, you're looking at five-figures with all of the interior wraps.

5-10 years ago, those same coverless books could be had for half that price, if not less.

Just now, Wayne-Tec said:

Discount vs. a copy with a cover, no doubt. But if we're talking one of the Top-5 as in Action #1, Tec #27, Superman #1, Cap #1 and Batman #1, you're looking at five-figures with all of the interior wraps.

5-10 years ago, those same coverless books could be had for half that price, if not less.

Oh yes no doubt.  And the price that the coverless Cap 1 just went for only a plus or minus $500 what another coverless copy went for earlier this year.   

-J.

17 hours ago, jabats said:

Sorry yeah not sure, I was referencing zen514's comment.

If* A complete action 1 is a 100k book now, then* Tec 27 surely can't be far behind.

Not publicly.   Tec27 coverless copy would very near that.

You can own a low grade tec31  af15 7.0    or an Action comics 1 or tec 27 coverless