• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #145 Double Claw Variant??

30 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2017 at 10:16 PM, bababooey said:

Since this hasn't been linked yet, here's the bid history/sales result for this "sale" that didn't take place.

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&showauto=true&item=122686908648&rmvSB=true

I'm not sharing it to legitimize any of the shill bidding or this dumb thread; anyone taking a few minutes to peruse feedback will find past transactions between the seller and winning bidder who backed out.

image.png.3c271e147646c73d255472ca842c5d0c.png

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:
On 9/12/2017 at 10:16 PM, bababooey said:

Since this hasn't been linked yet, here's the bid history/sales result for this "sale" that didn't take place.

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&showauto=true&item=122686908648&rmvSB=true

I'm not sharing it to legitimize any of the shill bidding or this dumb thread; anyone taking a few minutes to peruse feedback will find past transactions between the seller and winning bidder who backed out.

I don't get it. (shrug)  You're responding to me with a link to a post I already read earlier in the thread.  

39 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I don't get it. (shrug)  You're responding to me with a link to a post I already read earlier in the thread.  

He said it wasn't sold and was offered the "second chance". Automatic trigger for being shilled. But, eBay has taken away any tools to tell us this using bid history.

Hello All,  

First time posting on CGC, bd. I felt a need to inform on the topic at hand since I am the owner of the Wolverine #145 Variant White Bone Silver Foil Error Claws.  This Rare Comic was given to me as a trade from a friend who works in the movie industry several years ago. I was informed it was one of a kind showing the Bone claw and the double image. As much as I researched It I could not find a simular copy anywhere. I even went to the extent of contacting someone from Recalled Comics. He researched and informed me it was truly a rare find because Recalled Comics had no record of any other like it and that I should definitely send it in to CGC for grading and that it should receive a CGC Qualified Grade. l finally decided to take the advise and handed it in to CGC this past July. As soon as I receive the Graded Copy I will post the New Upgraded Pictures on Ebay. I am hopeful it will come back no less then a 9.6. Thanks everyone for your interest.

On 10/9/2018 at 11:55 PM, skyhawk79 said:

Hello All,  

First time posting on CGC, bd. I felt a need to inform on the topic at hand since I am the owner of the Wolverine #145 Variant White Bone Silver Foil Error Claws.  This Rare Comic was given to me as a trade from a friend who works in the movie industry several years ago. I was informed it was one of a kind showing the Bone claw and the double image. As much as I researched It I could not find a simular copy anywhere. I even went to the extent of contacting someone from Recalled Comics. He researched and informed me it was truly a rare find because Recalled Comics had no record of any other like it and that I should definitely send it in to CGC for grading and that it should receive a CGC Qualified Grade. l finally decided to take the advise and handed it in to CGC this past July. As soon as I receive the Graded Copy I will post the New Upgraded Pictures on Ebay. I am hopeful it will come back no less then a 9.6. Thanks everyone for your interest.

Would anybody actually want a Qualified Graded copy? Seems like Blue Label is the only version people would want.

10 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Would anybody actually want a Qualified Graded copy? Seems like Blue Label is the only version people would want.

There is a ton of demand for the Bone claw error variant, and most people will take what they can get.  The Blue label copies will command a premium, but I wouldn't turn down any copies offered to me at the right price (Qualified label or not).  In fact, this is one issue that has still eluded me.

Now, what @skyhawk79 has is not a true Bone claw cover, but rather a silver foil that is misaligned or shifted.  A true Bone Claw error variant is void of ALL foil, and is much more sought after.

18 hours ago, masterlogan2000 said:

There is a ton of demand for the Bone claw error variant, and most people will take what they can get.  The Blue label copies will command a premium, but I wouldn't turn down any copies offered to me at the right price (Qualified label or not).  In fact, this is one issue that has still eluded me.

Now, what @skyhawk79 has is not a true Bone claw cover, but rather a silver foil that is misaligned or shifted.  A true Bone Claw error variant is void of ALL foil, and is much more sought after.

Sorry, I probably didn't communicate my question properly. What I meant to ask is, would anybody want a Green Label of the comic @skyhawk79 has? 

He has a unique book for sale that will pull a nice sum. There are a lot of error collectors that will want the book. It would make it more desirable
I think if a couple more copies show up somewhere, but that being said it is a desired book for error collectors and die hard Wolverine fans. Its not
a bone claw like someone else said. Its even more unique and rare, but sometimes being the only copy can work for you or against you.

Don't let anyone here tell its not a valuable and desirable book because it is. You just need to find an agreeable price. I am sure you will get some
offers from members here as well.

On 9/12/2017 at 6:33 PM, ygogolak said:

But it's really something that never should have made it past the final line at the printers.

There is no "final line" at the printers . . . they're only freakin' comic books fergawdsake. :grin:

On 10/13/2018 at 10:26 AM, fastballspecial said:

He has a unique book for sale that will pull a nice sum. There are a lot of error collectors that will want the book. It would make it more desirable
I think if a couple more copies show up somewhere, but that being said it is a desired book for error collectors and die hard Wolverine fans. Its not
a bone claw like someone else said. Its even more unique and rare, but sometimes being the only copy can work for you or against you.

Don't let anyone here tell its not a valuable and desirable book because it is. You just need to find an agreeable price. I am sure you will get some

On 10/13/2018 at 10:26 AM, fastballspecial said:

Thank you sir, for your honest information. You are correct it is a rare book once it comes back from CGC  I plan to relist it. Its just amazing to hear all the different opinions here. One person does not even understand the value of a Qualified CGC Label, Especially in High Grade, LOL! I will go with Recalled Comics Personnel who Researched the book  and informed me it really is a Rare Gem, don't waste time and send it in for grading, which I did. Again, thanks everyone for your private responses and emails.