• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #145 Double Claw Variant??

30 posts in this topic

Saw an ad on ebay selling the Wolverine 145 Double Claw Error.....   I can't find out much about it on the nets and it was the first time hearing about it.....  Said it was the only one known?  Is this accurate?  I'm kinda interested in it, but surprised that it's not graded and have not read much if any about it...

It's just a printing error - looks like the foil shifted when it was being applied which resulted in it being offset from the actual claws.

It's a neat copy for people who enjoy printing errors, but there's no way for the seller to guarantee there aren't other copies with similar defects.

6 minutes ago, mschmidt said:

It's just a printing error - looks like the foil shifted when it was being applied which resulted in it being offset from the actual claws.

It's a neat copy for people who enjoy printing errors, but there's no way for the seller to guarantee there aren't other copies with similar defects.

Ahhhh.... got it..... 

5 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Based on the metaphysical certitude likelihood possibility of it being a shill, I would never take that 2nd chance offer.

+1000

They updated the information on the auction to say "Let there be no confusion. this is not the white bone copy, but a ONE OF A KIND DOUBLE IMAGE FOIL AND WHITE CLAWS COVERING WOLVERINE'S RIGHT EYE ON THE COVER!"

I think its exactly as rogue mentioned, a shifting on the foil and not the "Bone Claw Error Variant"

I think its a cool book, just not $1800+ cool, for me. 

25 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

The off-center foil placement makes it undesirable to me. Amazing someone is willing to pay nearly $2k for it.

I'm with you 100% on this. The no foil bone claw variant is more desirable in my book.  

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

The off-center foil placement makes it undesirable to me. Amazing someone is willing to pay nearly $2k for it.

You're talking about this guy here..... hey man, I'm new to this new variant craze.... hence me being here and you guys talking me off the ledge.... nothing but love

2 hours ago, JLam1127 said:

You're talking about this guy here..... hey man, I'm new to this new variant craze.... hence me being here and you guys talking me off the ledge.... nothing but love

There were other bidders that pushed it up too.

Its a variation, I guess. But it's really something that never should have made it past the final line at the printers.

Much better true variants if that's your thing.

Since this hasn't been linked yet, here's the bid history/sales result for this "sale" that didn't take place.

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&showauto=true&item=122686908648&rmvSB=true

I'm not sharing it to legitimize any of the shill bidding or this dumb thread; anyone taking a few minutes to peruse feedback will find past transactions between the seller and winning bidder who backed out.

Edited by bababooey

It's now relisted at $2500 OBO.  Before the "winning" bidder jumped in the price was at $660 with an $850 proxy.  So the "winner" helped drive up the price about a grand.  Seller also has a couple negative feedbacks about overgrading, which I think also applies to this book.  It's advertised as NM+ but you can see come color-breaking spine stresses and I'd think it's closer to VF.  Seems sketchy to me...