• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seth MacFarlane's "The Orville"
2 2

101 posts in this topic

'The Orville' Renewed For A Second Season

The Orville has just been cleared to extend its mission into another season.

Fox has officially renewed The Orville, Seth MacFarlane's comedic love letter to Star Trek, for a second season.

“Once again Seth has struck a powerful chord with viewers,” said Michael Thorn, President, Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company in a statement. “He has delivered a series full of optimism, drama and his trademark humor. We want to thank him and the rest of the talented cast, as well as the producers and crew, for an incredible first season. We can’t wait to see where The Orville travels in the second.”

On 10/13/2017 at 3:14 PM, Christopher_Short said:

Except, he cut his leg from the knee down. The leg that fell from the ceiling had a huge chunk of thigh, almost a whole leg... Sigh

Its possible that he treated the leg with a regenerative agent causing it to grow back.

Plus was it even mentioned the leg was Gordons.

Still trying to figure this show out. 

It has its moments. It’s a bit refreshing in my opinion. Don’t know what to call it though, is it a comedy, a sci-fri, a hybrid, or just something else? Actings and storyline is ok. Nonetheless it passes the time, and oddly enough I kind of like it.

Maybe season 2 will be better.

On 11/3/2017 at 1:22 PM, nearmint said:

Very pleased with the renewal.  I look forward to the show every week.

+1!  I’ve really enjoyed the show so far.  I went into it with mild expectations and ended up liking it much more than I thought it would.  Those who aren’t fond of the plots need to keep in mind McFarlane’s greatest talent is sneaking in hidden narratives.  Some are obvious and some left to interpretation.  So far every episode has had underlying points and I like this aspect of the show.  He’s also the type who would purposely add the thigh to the leg even though they show it cut off below the knee just because he knows people will point it out.

I continue to enjoy and watch the show. Some episodes are better than others, and I agree sometimes the acting can be a bit rough - although hard to tell if sometimes it's on purpose (ie. to not take itself too seriously). I watch both this and the new Star Trek Discovery each week as my "sci-fi" shows - they are both very different, but I like them both for different reasons. 

I also went in to this show not expecting too much. Gotta say I liked it! Had to feel out the first couple of episodes to figure out what I was watching. It does a great job of tipping it's hat to the original Star Trek with an injection of humor.  Almost as if Seth was saying "Kirk would have so made fun of that alien's face!" while watching the original series. Funny scene where the officer tells him he has to sit on an egg! Really, an egg? Now I want an omelet! lol

4 minutes ago, nearmint said:

Funny episode this week.  Rob Lowe was a good choice for the blue-skinned alien. 

When he arrived in the landing bay and started talking, I was blown away they landed him in this role.

37 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

When he arrived in the landing bay and started talking, I was blown away they landed him in this role.

That's the benefit of having Seth McFarlane involved.  How else do you get Charleze Theron and Liam Neeson?

3 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

I'm waiting for the BIG (and appropriate) guest star...Patrick Stewart. He loves Seth and would probably do any role asked of him. 

It would be awesome if they could get permission to have him play Picard in an episode.  The time periods are off, I think The Orville takes place in the 25th century, but they could work around that.

1 hour ago, nearmint said:

That's the benefit of having Seth McFarlane involved.  How else do you get Charleze Theron and Liam Neeson?

You are not kidding!

But now the challenge with this last episode.

Spoiler

Now that they found out it was probably Darulio's pheromones which caused the original cheating situation, what happens with Kelly and Ed??

I did like the look of the aliens in this episode.

Orville-Ep109_Sc22-RAY_1067_hires1.jpg

Edited by Bosco685

On 11/13/2017 at 4:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

You are not kidding!

But now the challenge with this last episode.

Hide contents

Now that they found out it was probably Darulio's pheromones which caused the original cheating situation, what happens with Kelly and Ed??

Spoiler

But Rob did end it with a sort of ambiguous reply of "....sure", leaving room to doubt.