• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Birth of the Marvel Age club! Congrats! Show em off.

28 posts in this topic

This is one club I'm trying to attain. I'm close but don't have all yet.

Grats if you have em all.

If we had one I think it would have to include:

Amazing Fantasy #15

Amazing Spiderman #1

Avengers #1

Avengers #4

Daredevil #1

Fantastic four #1

Incredible Hulk #1

Journey into mystery #83

Strange Tales #110

Tales of Suspense #39

Tales to Astonish #27 or #35

X-men #1

Thoughts?  I'm a little on the fence with tos 26 or 35, also avengers 4 and possibly ff4.  

Maybe expand or contract the list?

I wanna see those group shots!

1 hour ago, Dave2739 said:

how 'bout this? I added Two Gun Kid 60, Amazing Adventures 1 and Strange Tales 101, because I also consider them to be Marvel Superhero keys.

IMG_2896.thumb.JPG.b6cc8ba61236ec02900d93d3d1ec7d6e.JPG

Awesome group shot!  Why would the 2 gun kid be a marvel superhero key?  I'm not saying it isn't, just would like to know.

Well, Two-Gun is not technically a super hero key, but he had a secret identity (wimpy lawyer by day, badazz crime fighter by night), wore a mask and costume and had lady troubles. And he was written and drawn by Lee and Kirby (at least for a few issues), so I like to include him. Along those same lines, I probably should have included Sgt Fury #1 in the shot, even though he's not technically a super hero either.

Edited by Dave2739

6 hours ago, Knightsofold said:

Amazing Fantasy #15

Amazing Spiderman #1

Avengers #1

Avengers #4

Daredevil #1

Fantastic four #1

Incredible Hulk #1

Journey into mystery #83

Strange Tales #110

Tales of Suspense #39

Tales to Astonish #27 or #35

X-men #1

To this list I have traditionally added Sgt. Fury #1 and Fantastic Four #4, using a pre-68 solo series as the criterion as to which characters get included. I wouldn't mind broadening it, though, as I consider Rawhide Kid #17 to be a strong contributor to the formation of the Marvel Age.

I used to wear out my group shot here, but you may all relax, it's lost in PhotoBucket. 

39 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

To this list I have traditionally added Sgt. Fury #1 and Fantastic Four #4, using a pre-68 solo series as the criterion as to which characters get included. I wouldn't mind broadening it, though, as I consider Rawhide Kid #17 to be a strong contributor to the formation of the Marvel Age.

I used to wear out my group shot here, but you may all relax, it's lost in PhotoBucket. 

Agreed on the Rawhide Kid 17. I need to get me one of those!

This is exactly the club I am aiming for! (thumbsu

I just won the Comic Connect auction of Avengers #1 CGC 7.5 and my next goals is an Avengers #4 and a Daredevil #1. 

I am not a super fan of ST #110 but I may go for it to make the group complete. I may also at some point add a Sgt. Fury #1 and a TTA #35.

FF4 will be on my radar too.  ASM 2, 3, 4, 6, 13, 14, 15, 20 and 41 as well, but these 1st Spidey villains are probably another club on their own.

Here is a group collage I made on the plane having some time to kill.

comics.png

12 hours ago, SECollector said:

This is exactly the club I am aiming for! (thumbsu

I just won the Comic Connect auction of Avengers #1 CGC 7.5 and my next goals is an Avengers #4 and a Daredevil #1. 

I am not a super fan of ST #110 but I may go for it to make the group complete. I may also at some point add a Sgt. Fury #1 and a TTA #35.

FF4 will be on my radar too.  ASM 2, 3, 4, 6, 13, 14, 15, 20 and 41 as well, but these 1st Spidey villains are probably another club on their own.

Here is a group collage I made on the plane having some time to kill.

comics.png

Awesome group!  And great pick up on Avengers #1.  Maybe everyone has their own "Marvel Birth" list, and that's ok with me.  I have to say that once I had a few I felt like I had to get all of them haha.  That era of Marvel 1961-1965 was so great.  The universe was so small, and the first crossovers were really fun.

Here's a group shot of the ones I have:

34529941432_e0dd9042a3_k.jpg

49 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

Awesome group!  And great pick up on Avengers #1.  Maybe everyone has their own "Marvel Birth" list, and that's ok with me.  I have to say that once I had a few I felt like I had to get all of them haha.  That era of Marvel 1961-1965 was so great.  The universe was so small, and the first crossovers were really fun.

Here's a group shot of the ones I have:

34529941432_e0dd9042a3_k.jpg

Lovely! Which ones are you aiming to add?