[CLOSED] HIGH GRADE SPAWN VARIANTS: CLOSED, THANKS TO THE BUYERS
1 1

31 posts in this topic

davedawgbg   
  • 1,095 posts
  • Kudos Thread

Some of the HTF Spawn variants in high grade condition.  Some of these are sold so infrequently that it's hard to find sales data, especially on non graded examples.  In these cases I've priced WAY below books currently for sale regardless of advertised grade.  If I had more time and inclination (and money) I would ideally get every one of these signed/slabbed and squeeze every penny I could out of them, but I'd rather take less and hopefully complete a few sets out there while letting another owner decide if they want to let a pen/marker touch any of these.  Should anyone want to see more photos of a particular angle or specific close up I'll post in the thread.

10% off if you claim the entire thread before anything is taken.

:takeit: is king and :takeit: timestamp trumps any PM communications. It is the buyer's responsibility to post the :takeit: in the thread after any PM communication to officially finalize the deal, any unconditional :takeit: posted before that will be the winner regardless.

Payment needs to be made via PayPal within 2 days of claim unless other arrangements are made.

Feedback is here.

No Probies, HOS members or anyone I have on ignore.

Shipping will be fully insured with tracking, if you have your own insurance you’d like to use I’ll send you the required info at the time of shipping if you’d like to go that way.

Edited by davedawgbg
Remaining items discounted

davedawgbg   
  • 1,095 posts
  • Kudos Thread

Spawn Black & White #1 - $350  SOLD

I believe this book to be in at least NM+ condition with no significant or discernable defects.  Sharp corners, good edges, lays flat with a smooth spine.

IMG_8807.JPG

IMG_8808.JPG

Edited by davedawgbg
SOLD

jsilverjanet   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 23,288 posts
4 minutes ago, davedawgbg said:

Spawn Black & White #1 - $350

I believe this book to be in at least NM+ condition with no significant or discernable defects.  Sharp corners, good edges, lays flat with a smooth spine.

IMG_8807.JPG

IMG_8808.JPG

:takeit: 

davedawgbg   
  • 1,095 posts
  • Kudos Thread

Spawn #185 Headless Variant - $350 SOLD

I’m giving this book an overall aggregate grade of NM.  I believe the front cover is NM+ but the back cover has significant color rub, luckily none of that is present on the front.  I’m guessing this book sat on the bottom of an unbagged/boarded pile on a flat surface at some point.

IMG_8812.JPG

IMG_8819.JPG

Edited by davedawgbg
SOLD

davedawgbg   
  • 1,095 posts
  • Kudos Thread

Spawn Black & White #189 - $350  SOLD

Pretty much the same case as the B&W #1 here: NM+ condition with no significant or discernable defects.  Sharp corners, good edges, lays flat with a smooth spine.

IMG_8809.JPG

IMG_8811.JPG

Edited by davedawgbg
SOLD

Gsims718   
  • 6,255 posts
4 minutes ago, davedawgbg said:

Spawn Black & White #189 - $350

Pretty much the same case as the B&W #1 here: NM+ condition with no significant or discernable defects.  Sharp corners, good edges, lays flat with a smooth spine.

IMG_8809.JPG

IMG_8811.JPG

Take it

davedawgbg   
  • 1,095 posts
  • Kudos Thread

Spawn #220 Complete Set - $650

This is an exceptional set, I believe every one of these books is a slam dunk 9.8.  I rarely ever give a book a NM/M grade (see above) let alone not even take them out of the bag for a front/back cover shot but I don’t even want to handle these out of the bag.  I cannot even see any defects that don’t affect grade (at least according to CGC) such as bindery tears or off-centering.

B&W Distribution Ratio:

Savage Dragon Variant - 1:50

Youngblood Variant - 1:75

Ah Sh## Ruined Logo Variant - 1:100

IMG_8823.JPG

IMG_8824.JPG

Edited by davedawgbg
Description updated with variant distribution info

davedawgbg   
  • 1,095 posts
  • Kudos Thread
16 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

:takeit: 

:whatthe:  That was fast!  Sold.

Sorry I didn't see this right away Hector, you caught me fuddling through this new format between posts.

davedawgbg   
  • 1,095 posts
  • Kudos Thread
7 minutes ago, Gsims718 said:

Take it

Sorry I didn't see this right away Hector George, you caught me fuddling through this new format between posts.

Gsims718   
  • 6,255 posts
3 minutes ago, davedawgbg said:

Sorry I didn't see this right away Hector George, you caught me fuddling through this new format between posts.

We ruined that 10% off deal.

newshane   
  • 2,642 posts

Whoever got the Spawn 189 got a KILLER deal. That's one of the hardest Spawn books to find and was priced about half as much as it should have been. :applause:

In 9.8...I wouldn't price it south of $1,000.

The 185 is also extremely tough! Someone should snatch it up. I would...but I already own all of these. :)

I'll also say that Spawn 200 Youngblood Sketch Variant is also tough to find. I'm fairly certain it was a 1:100 variant. Good deals all around. GLWTS.

Edited by newshane

davedawgbg   
  • 1,095 posts
  • Kudos Thread
5 minutes ago, Gsims718 said:

We ruined that 10% off deal.

(shrug) 

Only if someone wanted everything, the book between yours and Hector's is still there so as long as you got what you wanted nothing was ruined :smile:

Gsims718   
  • 6,255 posts
6 minutes ago, davedawgbg said:

(shrug) 

Only if someone wanted everything, the book between yours and Hector's is still there so as long as you got what you wanted nothing was ruined :smile:

Yeah, just poking fun at our fast takes.  Does that do it for this thread?

davedawgbg   
  • 1,095 posts
  • Kudos Thread
5 minutes ago, Gsims718 said:

Yeah, just poking fun at our fast takes.  Does that do it for this thread?

I think so, I have a Spawn/Savage Dragon #1 somewhere but I can't find it for photos right now.  If you want full sets of 100/150/200 variants we can talk offline

davedawgbg   
  • 1,095 posts
  • Kudos Thread

Spawn/Savage Dragon #1 - $150

54 minutes ago, davedawgbg said:

I think so, I have a Spawn/Savage Dragon #1 somewhere but I can't find it for photos right now.  If you want full sets of 100/150/200 variants we can talk offline

Found it :smile: This book is in NM- condition with great cover gloss.  Minor blunting on the spine corner and small tear (no measurement, it’s that small) on the back cover, upper left (pictured).

IMG_8825.JPG

IMG_8826.JPG

IMG_8829.JPG

davedawgbg   
  • 1,095 posts
  • Kudos Thread
21 hours ago, newshane said:

Whoever got the Spawn 189 got a KILLER deal. That's one of the hardest Spawn books to find and was priced about half as much as it should have been. :applause:

In 9.8...I wouldn't price it south of $1,000.

The 185 is also extremely tough! Someone should snatch it up. I would...but I already own all of these. :)

I'll also say that Spawn 200 Youngblood Sketch Variant is also tough to find. I'm fairly certain it was a 1:100 variant. Good deals all around. GLWTS.

(thumbsu  I'm not in it for the $, just need to move some books.  I've updated the variant distribution ratio on the 220 set.

10% off what's left, they'll be pulled tomorrow for other venue(s) doh!

masterlogan2000   
  • 1,436 posts
On 9/11/2017 at 5:02 PM, davedawgbg said:

Spawn #185 Headless Variant - $350

I’m giving this book an overall aggregate grade of NM.  I believe the front cover is NM+ but the back cover has significant color rub, luckily none of that is present on the front.  I’m guessing this book sat on the bottom of an unbagged/boarded pile on a flat surface at some point.

IMG_8812.JPG

IMG_8819.JPG

:takeit:@ 10% off