• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA/SA High Grade and Pedigrees -- Part Deux
8 8

90 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Mr.Illmannered said:

Take it  - ST 86

Thanks!

***SOLD***

Tales of Suspense #24 White Mountain:  Amazing copy...white page...glossy...sole highest grade etc etc etc.  CGC 9.4 w for $2800.

TOS24cgc.jpg

TOS24.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

***SOLD***

Tales of Suspense #32 White Mountain:  Amazing copy...white page...glossy...tied for highest grade etc etc etc.  CGC 9.0 w for $2600.

TOS32.jpg

TOS32orig.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

3 minutes ago, RICK STARR said:

:takeit: -- TOS 24

Thanks!

I'm sure it was my insightful listing notes that inspired your purchase. :kidaround:

14 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Tales of Suspense #32 White Mountain:  Amazing copy...white page...glossy...tied for highest grade etc etc etc.  CGC 9.0 w for $2600.

TOS32.jpg

Sold via PM

Just now, RICK STARR said:

Isn't it past your bed time?

Way past! :sorry:

On 9/13/2017 at 1:33 AM, adamstrange said:

Marvel Mystery Comics #12:  If you like red, and to be honest, who doesn't, then you'll love the cover to MM 12.  This copy came from the same OO collection referenced earlier in the thread and has the most intense gloss and colors of any in the little set.  Pair that up with a dynamic Jack Kirby cover and a wild interior and you have a showpiece that looks even better in person.

A 9.0 (of unknown page quality) sold for $9750 in July while this  CGC 8.5 with ow/w pages from 1940 is yours for $5500.

MM12cgc.jpg

Sold via PM

Here's a scan of the raw copy of Tales of Suspense 20 that does a much better job showing the quality of the book.

Linky to listing

TOS15.jpg

19 minutes ago, Darth Corgi said:

These books look like they were brought here from a time machine. Thanks for sharing such treasures! ?

Thanks.  I still have some raw copies and just spent a very enjoyable half hour leafing through them.

***SOLD***

Journey Into Mystery 82:  This was the first pre-hero monster book I ever purchased and, while it isn't a WM, it's fiery orange cover just glows.  This vf+ copy with ow/w pages is $600.

JIM82.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Tales to Astonish #14:  The cover story is one of my favorites and I really enjoyed reading this copy as the red of the ants really "popped" against the very white pages.  I owned both this and the WM at one time but ended up trading the WM as it was "just" an 8.5.  Census:  Tied for highest graded with 3 others.  CGC 9.2 white (they are really, really white) for $1800.

TTA12cgc.jpg

7 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Tales to Astonish #14:  The cover story is one of my favorites and I really enjoyed reading this copy as the red of the ants really "popped" against the very white pages.  I owned both this and the WM at one time but ended up trading the WM as it was "just" an 8.5.  Census:  Tied for highest graded with 3 others.  CGC 9.2 white (they are really, really white) for $1800.

TTA12cgc.jpg

Take it

Action #130:  This copy is nearly flawless allowing you to fully appreciate the appealing cover.  Census:  Sole highest.  Census currently indicates there are two 9.6s but I'll provide the old label that can be sent to CGC to correct it.  You might think that finding a copy of this in 9.6 is a challenge, and it is, but it's even more challenging to find another 1949 Action in 9.6 as there aren't any.  Nor are there any 1950 Actions in 9.6.  And if you did, how likely is it that it will have white pages.  CGC 9.6 white for $3000.

Action130cgc.jpg

Action130oldlabel.jpg

11 minutes ago, Mr.Illmannered said:

Take it -- TTA 14 per PM

Thanks!