• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-men gold and blue

6 posts in this topic

What you think about these series? I am out of the loop with modern titles but I stumble across these on WTB thread probably have seen some reviews on IGN or similar sites but I did just ignored them. 
So I have not read any of Gold or Blue comics but I think the story lines parallel cos of the titles sound so similar. If that is the case I don't know like person who get in to those have to buy both series and also there are variant covers so what you think good comics books or
just a money making scheme from Marvel?  also where does Astonishing X-Men fit the picture?

I searched IGN for reviews so:

X-Men Blue is the obligatory companion to X-Men Gold, but there's more to distinguish these two twice-monthly comics than the character roster. Where Gold is focused on a traditional, nostalgic status quo and team lineup, Blue is more the continuation of the All-New X-Men status quo that's been unfolding since 2012.

Okay so Blue and Gold are different even thou the titles are almost the same and I find another series X-men prime all started in 2017...

I've been reading X-Men Blue and Gold since they came out earlier this year (both are around issue 10 I think, as they come out twice-monthly), as well as the newer Astonishing X-Men limited series (just past issue 2). Here's a quick summary of them to help give you context:

- X-Men Gold: the current "flagship" X-Men book. Coming out of the Inhumans vs X-Men crossover earlier this year. Kitty Pride new leader, with Colossus, Nightcrawler, Old Man Logan, and Rachel Grey.

- X-Men Blue: Also coming out of the Inhumans v X-Men, this is the "original" X-Men Team (Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Iceman, Angel) from the past, who were pulled into the current timeline by current Beast (during Inhumans vs X-Men) and now stuck in current timeline. The team's led by Jean Grey (and it's this time-displaced Jean Grey that the new Jean Grey book is of)

- Astonishing X-Men: a new 12-issue (I believe) limited series, written by Charles Soule, which will be a single 12-issue story arc. Will not be a continuing regular series.

- X-Men Prime: this was just a one-shot coming out of Inhumans vs X-Men which gives you the context as the jumping-on point for X-Men Gold and Blue

I've personally enjoyed both the X-Men Gold and Blue series (a lot more than the previous Extraordinary X-Men book which was the flagship X-Men book for a few years), and the Astonishing X-Men storyline so far. The whole Variant Cover business is a whole other discussion, but no question there have been many of them throughout all the series (especially the #1s).

Thanks for the info. I think I will first subscribe to Marvel Unlimited and check that Inhumans vs X-men and then start reading those Gold and Blue comics unless I get sidetracked and start reading ASM and FF-series from the start which is also something I am planning to do sometime in the future :D

Edited by godzilla43