• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collecting related - I've built a marketplace, feedback wanted...

1 post in this topic

Hi all…  I wanted to ask a question of the community and get whatever input/comments you wanted to share, either in thread or in pm 

Basically I have been frustrated with marketplace options (eBay, craigslist, facebook marketplaces), and my background is in building large ecommerce sites, so I figured why not try to build what I wanted.  It's taken some time (and a few abandoned versions) but I’ve finally gotten to an public alpha version of moblyn.com.   This is a a mobile friendly web platform that was built with the core idea of it being very community-centric but with all of the standard features you'd expect from large market..

However, I’ve now built a fully functional platform based only on what I wanted, and before I sink more hours into a site that really isn’t what other folks want, I really need to get any type of feedback now… Cold, harsh, even blunt comments - like/dislike the site ? A feature is confusing or broken?  Like or Don’t get the overall concept?   Site design suck?  Let me have it all!

Message me or reply in this thread if you are interested in helping out.  I can reply directly to give more details (i.e. don’t use real Credit Card info, I have a test CC to complete orders), I just don’t want this note to get too long…  Yes, there will be bugs (and some graphics that need to be replaced, and maybe some usage issues), so you'll need to be ok with that !

Thanks all… BK

(mods, if this needs to be moved to a more appropriate place, no worries, do what you need :))