• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGX Reputation Rehab?
3 3

235 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Are we sure it was a dog hair?  Just sayin'.

well........................uhhhhh............................. I thought it was. :whatthe:

Alright I'm having interupted flashbacks. I start having a flash back, and I have to interupt to get a beer.

Someone refresh my memory.... I just farted. Wasn't there a couple of guys that were buying up restored books, cracking them out and resubing them to PGX and getting blue labels? Was it a dream. Was I under hypnosis from Greggy? WTF?

8 minutes ago, DR.X said:

This is dead for a Sat night. We need some action and arguing in here.

I gave you pics to a con ???

Eh I guess it'll be c2e2 or bust?

24 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Alright I'm having interupted flashbacks. I start having a flash back, and I have to interupt to get a beer.

Someone refresh my memory.... I just farted. Wasn't there a couple of guys that were buying up restored books, cracking them out and resubing them to PGX and getting blue labels? Was it a dream. Was I under hypnosis from Greggy? WTF?

Two brothers or something. Someone posted a pic of these deep sheets once.

23 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Two brothers or something. Someone posted a pic of these deep sheets once.

I think that was BijouBaby07 or something on that order. They looked like two star-crossed lovers, two punters posing on a foggy, rainy, grassy knoll under umbrellas, as if it was the album cover for a Romantic musical soundtrack. Now they're All_Things_Trimmed_Comics. They buy up all the low grade key issues in the hobby, restored or not. If they're not sliced and diced already, they soon will be. The spines look like someone took a hot-glue gun and coated them after painting crooked spine lives of differing thickness along their length, they're very distinctively identifiable, and if they were G/VG before, now, after this process, they're "near perfect, super high grade gems", even though you can easily see the painted areas and how much of the book is now missing. Most of the comic codes are lopped off as is an average of about 1 inch in total, usually off of all three sides.