• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGX Reputation Rehab?
3 3

235 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I think that was BijouBaby07 or something on that order. They looked like two star-crossed lovers, two punters posing on a foggy, rainy, grassy knoll under umbrellas, as if it was the album cover for a Romantic musical soundtrack. Now they're All_Things_Trimmed_Comics. They buy up all the low grade key issues in the hobby, restored or not. If they're not sliced and diced already, they soon will be. The spines look like someone took a hot-glue gun and coated them after painting crooked spine lives of differing thickness along their length, they're very distinctively identifiable, and if they were G/VG before, now, after this process, they're "near perfect, super high grade gems", even though you can easily see the painted areas and how much of the book is now missing. Most of the comic codes are lopped off as is an average of about 1 inch in total, usually off of all three sides.

Yeah, great talking about the great dooshes  of the hobby on a Saturday night. 

1 minute ago, DR.X said:

we need a link. where's BUTM?

Here is a link to one of them. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/293476-new-comic-scam-web-site-on-the-block-the-house-of-comics/?page=38

I think there might have been a second soon after and then an update about him stabbing his wife and business partner. Went from a funny thread to a terrible tragedy in a couple of months. 

3 hours ago, James J Johnson said:
3 hours ago, DR.X said:

Two brothers or something. Someone posted a pic of these deep sheets once.

I think that was BijouBaby07 or something on that order. They looked like two star-crossed lovers, two punters posing on a foggy, rainy, grassy knoll under umbrellas, as if it was the album cover for a Romantic musical soundtrack. Now they're All_Things_Trimmed_Comics. They buy up all the low grade key issues in the hobby, restored or not. If they're not sliced and diced already, they soon will be. The spines look like someone took a hot-glue gun and coated them after painting crooked spine lives of differing thickness along their length, they're very distinctively identifiable, and if they were G/VG before, now, after this process, they're "near perfect, super high grade gems", even though you can easily see the painted areas and how much of the book is now missing. Most of the comic codes are lopped off as is an average of about 1 inch in total, usually off of all three sides.

I think you may be getting your stories mixed up.  I think the guys that DR.X is talking about just purchased restored CGC slabs, cracked them out, and sold them as unrestored, but you're going to have to find someone with a better memory than me. Maybe they've progressed into what JJJ is claiming. 

The PLOD gang:

34qu592.jpg

wjt8k9.jpg

53 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I think you may be getting your stories mixed up.  I think the guys that DR.X is talking about just purchased restored CGC slabs, cracked them out, and sold them as unrestored, but you're going to have to find someone with a better memory than me. Maybe they've progressed into what JJJ is claiming. 

The PLOD gang:

34qu592.jpg

They look like such a happy couple! And what a lovely memory of a magical day, a magical moment for them with their matching parasols, one of them subliminally holding his handle proudly erect, while the other relaxes his grip on the shaft, eager and willing to submit!  :foryou: 

:golfclap:

5 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

The PLOD gang:

34qu592.jpg

They look like such a happy couple! And what a lovely memory of a magical day, a magical moment for them with their matching parasols, one of them subliminally holding his handle proudly erect, while the other relaxes his grip on the shaft, eager and willing to submit!  :foryou: 

:golfclap:

Is your only beef their gayness? (shrug)

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

No. The deliberate and systematic destruction of large amounts of Silver and Bronze age super key issues is. But that's not exactly what I would call a beef. More accurately, it's a dim view, not a beef.

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:
14 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

No. The deliberate and systematic destruction of large amounts of Silver and Bronze age super key issues is. But that's not exactly what I would call a beef. More accurately, it's a dim view, not a beef.

OK - wasn't sure if you were coming on to me or not.

tumblr_m79qn57ePL1qf5do9o1_400.gif

It sounds like "maybe"

9 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

RxANn8c.jpg&key=d4dc0996a9b30300ec79b8c1T

LOL. Didn't the mods yank the photos of all the boardies sitting around that room and in the closet. That was priceless.