• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange tales # 113 PGM

16 posts in this topic

Just discovered a misprint. As you know now I own a nice copy of Strange tales 113? or is it? I was browsing through ebay and noticed a ST 113 listed on the  bay under ST112  listings page. Also advertised that it was rare due to the fact that the indicta shows it being ST 112 clearly. So this in fact is a misprint. I went into OS and found no mention of a MP for ST 113. Back to Ebay. I browsed under  ST113 andfound about 11 or 12 listing (raws and slabbed )with NO mention whatsoever about the misprint. Here is my question. How many currently listed have the misprint? And have not mentioned? the only listing mentioning a misprint is going for 700.00 raw @ 7.0 with 1 watcher and "misprint" as the reason why he is asking for that amount. Wouldn't it make sense that those listings with 113 on the cover would make at least minimal mention of the indicta having an error? Or is it just a few that were misprinted? I just don't know?

thanks

On 9/28/2017 at 10:05 PM, Gabriel Contreras said:

Just discovered a misprint. As you know now I own a nice copy of Strange tales 113? or is it? I was browsing through ebay and noticed a ST 113 listed on the  bay under ST112  listings page. Also advertised that it was rare due to the fact that the indicta shows it being ST 112 clearly. So this in fact is a misprint. I went into OS and found no mention of a MP for ST 113. Back to Ebay. I browsed under  ST113 andfound about 11 or 12 listing (raws and slabbed )with NO mention whatsoever about the misprint. Here is my question. How many currently listed have the misprint? And have not mentioned? the only listing mentioning a misprint is going for 700.00 raw @ 7.0 with 1 watcher and "misprint" as the reason why he is asking for that amount. Wouldn't it make sense that those listings with 113 on the cover would make at least minimal mention of the indicta having an error? Or is it just a few that were misprinted? I just don't know?

thanks

Just stumbled on this old post while doing my own research on a misprint (or misbinding as the case may be) of this issue. I have a copy that has the Torch/Plantman story inserted last in the comic instead of first.  Have not found anything so far concerning the scarcity (or not) of that issue, but I have looked at 8-10 issues and all of them have #112 in the indicia page so I suspect that is how they were all printed - in which case that would not be a misprint or variant.

Edited by D. Kacsir

On 9/28/2017 at 10:05 PM, Gabriel Contreras said:

thanks

Many times the indicia will be incorrect when the year changes (for instance, 1970 should have been changed to 1971). This typically happens early in the year, and it's a fairly common occurrence. To have the wrong issue number listed in the indicia isn't as common, but apparently it does still happen from time to time. Since there's no mention of it in Overstreet and CGC doesn't say anything about it either, I would assume that someone just forgot to change the number on the indicia instead of the book itself being an actual misprint.