• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age collectors in Europe

8 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am aware of two more fellow collectors here on the boards that live in Europe, but how many are we really? It sometimes feels a bit lonely collecting Silver Age stuff here on the other side of Atlantic :eyeroll: so I thought that it would be cool to know who else is here and maybe exchange some info about interesting stores (doubt there are really any really interesting), cons, European or "EU-friendly" dealers or whatever. Or maybe help each other flood the boards while everyone else is sleeping :insane:.

I myself live in Stockholm, Sweden.

Cheers

And maybe as a kick-off, I can mention my experience of the very few comic cons I have attended here in Europe.

I was recently in London Super Comic Con. There were two interesting booths, Bob Storms and Metropolis, with some nice stuff but otherwise not anything to drool over. Well there was a booth with some awesome original art (I don't remember who the dealer was) but they had a lot of Silver Age, Kirby among else, but I am not into OA (yet!). The very very few graded books that other sellers offered were either at the very lower end of condition or way overpriced (or actually both). There were a few raw books, but nothing spectacular at all and again overpriced. 

I also attended the con here in Stockholm last year, and I plan to pay a visit this year as well, on Saturday but there wasn't much worth even mentioning. Well Pamela Andersson (!) is attending this year but I think she is more Bronze Age than Silver, right? :whistle:

Cheers!

32 minutes ago, SECollector said:

Hello!

I am aware of two more fellow collectors here on the boards that live in Europe, but how many are we really? It sometimes feels a bit lonely collecting Silver Age stuff here on the other side of Atlantic :eyeroll: so I thought that it would be cool to know who else is here and maybe exchange some info about interesting stores (doubt there are really any really interesting), cons, European or "EU-friendly" dealers or whatever. Or maybe help each other flood the boards while everyone else is sleeping :insane:.

I myself live in Stockholm, Sweden.

Cheers

Hej from America!

I know there's a guy who works at the Pharoah's Cigarer in Copenhagen who collects...!

Hej hej!

Thank you, I may pay that Pharaohs Cigarer a visit when I am in Copenhagen even though I don't smoke :wink:. I am sure there are many. Just not sure how many of them collect graded books and of course how many have found their way to these boards.

I am also pretty confident that there are europeans out there who collected during the 60s while studying in the US and now sit with collections of great value in their basement having no clue of what they are worth. And others that have a clue. And some who put their collections in the garbage when they would move back home from US. 

Edited by SECollector

21 hours ago, SECollector said:

Hello neighbour. Some really nice books in your gallery there. Are all of your books purchased from the US?

Yes, I buy almost everything from Heritage, occasionally Clink and eBay.

Shipping costs have certainly influenced my collecting. I used to collect magazines like Saturday Evening Post on eBay, but shipping for those became ridiculous a couple of years ago. :$