• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What sites does GPA use to get it's pricing?

5 posts in this topic

So I am definitely not new to comic collecting or CGC, but I can't find this info on the GPA website. I know for a fact they use eBay and Heritage Sales, just based on the data I have seen. Do they use other sites such as Comic Connect or Comiclink? Would be so nice to know what all the sites are for analytical purposes.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

5 minutes ago, BatmanRiddlez said:

So I am definitely not new to comic collecting or CGC, but I can't find this info on the GPA website. I know for a fact they use eBay and Heritage Sales, just based on the data I have seen. Do they use other sites such as Comic Connect or Comiclink? Would be so nice to know what all the sites are for analytical purposes.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I don't think they want you to know how there data is acquired. The bulk of sales come from eBay but be cautious on their data. They miss anything where CGC and grade are not mentioned in the Title.  They also pull full asking price when a lower offer is sent to a specific buyer and purchased on a Buy it Now. I know they Do Not pull Comic Link data which is a huge loss IMO.

2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I believe they do not 'pull' their data, rather the data is reported to them. Comiclink does not report. E-Bay and Heritage do report. Not sure on other sites.

That actually makes some sense, but really a shame those sites do not report. I feel like those sales really make a difference sometimes, especially on those books that don't sell as often.

36 minutes ago, BatmanRiddlez said:

That actually makes some sense, but really a shame those sites do not report. I feel like those sales really make a difference sometimes, especially on those books that don't sell as often.

Yes, I think we all feel that way but not much can be done about it. When you also consider all the private transactions, especially with the bigger dealers, that are not reported it's even worse. Most of E-Bay is BIN sales, not really a good indication of the marketplace. At least Heritage, with their auctions,  is a very good resource .