• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7-11 Cups part 2. Help!

45 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am trying to locate images from 7-11 cups for a client of mine who is wanting some artwork produced.

What I am looking for is a decent image of the front and the back of these 7-11 cups. Or, if you know where the images on the cups are from that might help as well. These are the best pictures I have been able to find.

The Odin cup is very hard to make out the detail.

Each cup has a back image with a word balloon that has the character saying something profound. I am desperately seeking these images.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hulk cup A.png

hulk cup B.jpg

Odin cup.jpg

spiderman cup.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

Hi all,

I am trying to locate images from 7-11 cups for a client of mine who is wanting some artwork produced.

What I am looking for is a decent image of the front and the back of these 7-11 cups. Or, if you know where the images on the cups are from that might help as well. These are the best pictures I have been able to find.

The Odin cup is very hard to make out the detail.

Each cup has a back image with a word balloon that has the character saying something profound. I am desperately seeking these images.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Except for Odin, these were production images used in a variety of merchandising in the 1970s. Perform a Google search using the words

herb trimpe hulk poster 1970s

john romita hulk sticker 1970s

john romita spider-man poster 1970s

and you should find what you need. Odin was drawn by John Buscema; you're on your own there. I'll PM you my PP addy for my 10%.

46 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Except for Odin, these were production images used in a variety of merchandising in the 1970s. Perform a Google search using the words

herb trimpe hulk poster 1970s

john romita hulk sticker 1970s

john romita spider-man poster 1970s

and you should find what you need. Odin was drawn by John Buscema; you're on your own there. I'll PM you my PP addy for my 10%.

appreciate the advice. I will try to search for the posters.

I did a search on Ebay and found a lot of the cups there, I used the enlarge image function Ebay has and I took photos using my camera to try to get a better image to work from.

Thanks everyone for the help!

All I am looking for now is a back view of the Odin cup. I have found several back views so I have the word balloon/ saying, what I can't find is a decent view of Odin's head from the back of a cup.

I have considered buying a cup as suggested, I am worried I won't get it in time.

Odin sure has a lot of hats!

Edited by Artboy99

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

All I am looking for now is a back view of the Odin cup. I have found several back views so I have the word balloon/ saying, what I can't find is a decent view of Odin's head from the back of a cup.

I have considered buying a cup as suggested, I am worried I won't get it in time.

offer to pay ebay seller $5 for a good pic.  he can list it as a buy it now or something.

11 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

s-l1600.jpg

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Thank you! lol is that a chicken on his hat?

he has some weird hats for sure.  cant wait to see your final creation.

Also still searching for the back views of the 2 Hulk cups. I have found one, for the cup with the Trimpe art on it, the Romita cup back view eludes me. I am searching for what the word balloon says. I found an image of all 3 Hulk cups with back views but it is so small the text is unreadable.

I have found the back view of the Spider-man cup but it is a very bad image, but I think I will just find a decent Peter Parker face drawn by Romita and do my best.

Edited by Artboy99

2 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

odin.jpg.472ec34f1cf2f84a8f46fd96bd457cf3.jpg

I found that very image on Ebay as well and used EBay's image enlargement tool and then took a photo of it on my camera. Should work.

I also found that image online from the comic it was in. Page 33 of something, either the Silver Surfer 4, or the Tales of Asgard is what was suggested. I am not sure.

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Also still searching for the back views of the 2 Hulk cups. I have found one, for the cup with the Trimpe art on it, the Romita cup back view eludes me. I am searching for what the word balloon says. I found an image of all 3 Hulk cups with back views but it is so small the text is unreadable.

I have found the back view of the Spider-man cup but it is a very bad image, but I think I will just find a decent Peter Parker face drawn by Romita and do my best.

I bet its one of these babies:

635967a98030cd60df0f4d6a6a258bac.jpg