• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a good or bad Stan lee sig.
2 2

42 posts in this topic

I got this signed back in megaton Orlando last year and had a great time experience and though I am glad with how the comic came out But I would of preferred a thinner signature would you say that the signature defects the book or makes it a better worth thanks 

IMG_3881.PNG

5 minutes ago, Aliens said:

I got this signed back in megaton Orlando last year and had a great time experience and though I am glad with how the comic came out But I would of preferred a thinner signature would you say that the signature defects the book or makes it a better worth thanks 

IMG_3881.PNG

I agree that a 'thinner', clearer Stan Lee signature would have been better. Compare it to his signature on the custom label, which is much better. I'm not sure how much the quality of the signature matters for valuation but I imagine some would be put off by this rather sloppy example. At least the placement is decent. Cool book !

I don't think it would swing the value more than $10 in either direction.  I guess if I really wanted to buy this specific comic in low grade with a Stan Sig with a Stan Label I'd probably take 1.5-1.8 with a good looking and equal sig placement over this for the same price.  But its a pretty specific comparison to make, and its not like the market is flooded with these, especially the label.  to me, the 'Stan Lee' label would turn off more people than the sig.

45 minutes ago, Mr. Zipper said:

It's pretty consistent with one I got a few years ago. I wasn't totally thrilled, but it is what it is... I've seen worse.

FF 1 SS.JPG

Personally I don't think your sig is bad at all it is legebal and that's the important part I mean the first e in lee is a bit blocked out but it is still noticeable and nothing beats a good ol jack Kirby sig cool book 

Edited by Aliens

6 hours ago, Aliens said:

IMG_3881.PNG

Personally I think the signature ruins the book. One day, there will more Stan Lee signed books than not signed. Probably already there.

16 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Personally I think the signature ruins the book. One day, there will more Stan Lee signed books than not signed. Probably already there.

This is my thinking too.  Some day there will be a premium on books that dont have names written on cover.

i guess i agree the book is for my private collection not looking to sell it but i see what your talking about though i agree that some day there will be a premium on unsigned books it depends really what book the sig is on according to cgc census there is only 140 signed ASM 3 and over 1400 non signed also stan is 94 and has already been set to make final conventions apperances which means hes not gonna sign a million more items and once hes gone no more can be signed. and though i see what your saying with its just a name in sharpie its not just a name its stan lee "the creator of spider-mans" name. (co-creator steve ditko)