• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diamond account - dumb idea?
1 1

31 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2017 at 10:26 AM, romanheart said:

Out of curiosity I had a look at the Diamond application.

It asks for gross income, how many years in business, what you predominately sell, business license, whether you own the real estate, ....

I think they want to be sure you will be around a while. I don't think they can tolerate a situation like the boom/bust of the 90s where their clients precipitously folded by operating basement operations. That's why added conditions of storefront were likely introduced. I can see being more loose now with that restriction because actual storefront properties are under enormous retail pressure. So maybe they'll let you.

You still need to have storage space and buy around $400-450 worth of stuff to make it worth their while.

a lot of that is for if you are going to have credit with them, ie could go bankrupt and not pay up.

You also are showing that you can make the monthly minimum purchases.

17 hours ago, shadroch said:

Can you order one each of 150 books, and nothing else?

if you want.  you can order what you want, just have to make the minimum of $450 a month. 

But I actually know a former owner that orders just supplies every few months and doesn't ever hit that but yet still has his account.

23 hours ago, shadroch said:

Then why don't collectors open accounts and skip their LCS? I know several who spend that much and more.

For what purpose?

If for investment purposes, then you have to be good at deciding what to order. You need to pick the best titles to go in on, what retailer incentives you want and how many copies you want to take get them. Even some big shops say no to the number of book orders to get that incentive.

Drek piles up fast and space becomes an issue.

If you're a collector who has that kind of money and spends it anyway, well I can't argue there.

On 10/5/2017 at 8:38 AM, youmechooz said:
On 10/4/2017 at 3:23 PM, shadroch said:

Can you order one each of 150 books, and nothing else?

if you want.  you can order what you want, just have to make the minimum of $450 a month. 

3 hours ago, romanheart said:
On 10/5/2017 at 10:06 AM, shadroch said:

Then why don't collectors open accounts and skip their LCS? I know several who spend that much and more.

For what purpose?

I believe he was referring to ordering only one of each book, as opposed to buying scads of the same book to speculate on them.  :gossip:

If a collector buys enough books, this basically means that he would be able to set up a pull list with Diamond and get all of his books at 50% off instead of setting up his pull list at his LCS and having to pay regular retail price for them.  In addition, he wouldn't even have to go down to his LCS anymore as Diamond would deliver them to his so-called on-lined business operating out of his home.

This is why I think it's more than just having an on-line presence and filling out the application form.  (shrug)

On 10/5/2017 at 12:06 PM, shadroch said:

Good luck to any collector who cares about grades and orders a bunch of singles from Diamond...

It's also probably something that most people just don't even consider as a possibility, let alone an option.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, lou_fine said:

I believe he was referring to ordering only one of each book, as opposed to buying scads of the same book to speculate on them.  :gossip:

If a collector buys enough books, this basically means that he would be able to set up a pull list with Diamond and get all of his books at 50% off instead of setting up his pull list at his LCS and having to pay regular retail price for them.  In addition, he wouldn't even have to go down to his LCS anymore as Diamond would deliver them to his so-called on-lined business operating out of his home.

This is why I think it's more than just having an on-line presence and filling out the application form.  (shrug)

you would only get 50% off for the first 6 months, then it drops to 35% if you are only ordering that much.  lots of comic shops that order a lot give 35% off or would give 35% off if you ordered that much anyway.

6 hours ago, kamcanadian said:

I want to open diamond comic distributor retailer account and I don,t have physical shop but i have LLC company and i am selling Shop to Shop, if some one help me get Account i will pay him also 500 $

thank you

I opened one for you. Can you send the $500 to this Nigerian prince that is promising me a million dollars? I'll send you back $1000. Win-win. 

7 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:
6 hours ago, kamcanadian said:

I want to open diamond comic distributor retailer account and I don,t have physical shop but i have LLC company and i am selling Shop to Shop, if some one help me get Account i will pay him also 500 $

thank you

I opened one for you. Can you send the $500 to this Nigerian prince that is promising me a million dollars? I'll send you back $1000. Win-win. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think they care if you have a physical store.  If you have a business license and an address (and maybe a credit check), you should probably be good to go.  What are you asking for specifically?  For someone to open an account for you?  IF you can't open your own account, you should tell us why and also you probably aren't cut out for this business.

Or maybe this dude IS THE NIGERIAN PRINCE!!!!!

I was in the process of purchasing a comic store earlier this year ( the deal fell through ) and I was trying to setup a Diamond account for the store. I never heard back from Diamond at all after multiple attempts to contact from me. I phoned, sent multiple emails.

So my opinion: Diamond account? - dumb idea = yes.