• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who are some honest dealers on ebay and elsewhere for raw Silver Age & Bronze Age books?
4 4

64 posts in this topic

Highgrade Comics

Worldwide Comics

North Coast Nostalgia

JHV Associates

Basement Comics (MD)

Bedrock City Comics

Motor City Comics

All-American Comics (MD)

Reece's Rare Comics

Comicana Direct

Edited by namisgr

3 hours ago, FSF said:

Can you folks please make some suggestions for dealers who sell non over-graded, unrestored, raw comic books? 

What sort of books are you looking for?

High grade, mid grade, low grade?

2 hours ago, namisgr said:

Highgrade Comics

Worldwide Comics

North Coast Nostalgia

JHV Associates

Basement Comics (MD)

Bedrock City Comics

Motor City Comics

All-American Comics (MD)

Reese's Rare Comics

Comicana Direct

This, plus MyComicShop.

31 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I would say Comics 4 Less, Pete is a great guy.

The actual user name is comics4less and he is very popular - hard to win an auction from him unless you pay top dollar, but I manage to snag one now and then.

I've been getting some great stuff from dacardworld  lately, but I think the nice raw DC collection they had is about gone.

You definitely need to look at the scans of almost everyone referenced in this thread before making a bid though.

5 hours ago, shadroch said:

If you are looking for non-HG books, you can't go wrong with Gary Dolgorf.  Just don't expect premium grade books. If he calls it a VG -, most would call it a Fine.

+1

24 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

This, plus MyComicShop.

+1 here too

Used to like Lee's on ebay too, but haven't bought anything from him in a while.

Edited by Mystafo

8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

The actual user name is comics4less and he is very popular - hard to win an auction from him unless you pay top dollar, but I manage to snag one now and then.

I've been getting some great stuff from dacardworld  lately, but I think the nice raw DC collection they had is about gone.

You definitely need to look at the scans of almost everyone referenced in this thread before making a bid though.

I've had a lot of success with the comics4less auctions. They list a ton of stuff each week, so you can usually find good deals if you look hard enough. Their grading is solid, they pack well, they ship quickly, and they combine shipping. Also, I think you get a couple % back if you subscribe to their email newsletter thingy.

By comparison, it's much tougher to find deals in the MCS and ComicConnect auctions. (And it takes way longer for your books to arrive!)

My 2c

Edited by adampasz

1 minute ago, adampasz said:

I've had a lot of success with the comics4less auctions.

So....,  you're that bastiche.  :cool:

1 hour ago, romanheart said:

You're better buying from the dealers directly then off eBay. Cuts out their commission.

This is often true.  The books I typically get from Dave & Adam's I usually buy on eBay with the $15 off a purchase of $75 eBay Flash Sale coupon.  The books would be cheaper to buy off their website even with added shipping, if not for the eBay coupon.

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

shouldn't this be in the WTB section?

he may not be trying to buy anything.   He might be trying to Sell stuff to them.  He might be trying to eliminate competition.  Or rob them.  There's nothing worth than going through the trouble and risk of stealing some high grade keys then finding out they're over graded with undisclosed resto.