• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battlebooks ?

8 posts in this topic

I was going through I bunch of long boxes I bought about 10 years ago and I came across a horde of Wolverine Battlebooks. I've never seen one so did a little searching around and it looks like a few people are hunting them down from time to time but not very often. I think a previous thread from a few years back called them an "oddity". It appears that they are a game of sorts that you play in comic book format.  

So my question is, does anyone know anything about these books? Should I keep these around or should they go into my 90's drek box? I must have 50 of these things.  

IMG_3374.JPG

IMG_3375 - Copy.JPG

Thanks for all the info. Looks like i'll bag and board them up and file them away. Maybe even send one of the nicer ones off to get graded.

I've never sold a comic (i'm more of a comic hoarder), but I'd hate to have all these books that don't mean much to me if there are people who having a hard time finding them. At least now if someone is looking for them they will find this thread and can PM me. 

Yes, only the black wolverine ones, 89 of them to be exact. So don't be shy if you want one (or 5 or 20 or 80).

I bought about 20 long boxes of wolverine back issues a while back. Just so happens that shortly after I bought them life changed a bit and they went into "storage" at my moms house in my old bedroom. Just recently I got the comic bug again and went and grabbed all my comics and I'm going through them. These Battlebooks were in one of those long boxes that I never went through.