• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Miss Fury comic pricing

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! New member with a question. I love golden age books for the artwork and recently found a Miss Fury #7 (rated 5.5) and a Miss Fury #6 (rated 3.5.) The covers do present very well so the average to slightly lower average grade isn't a big deal to me. I was hoping to get some help on price though. Seller wants $525 for the pair. Is that a fair price? 

33 minutes ago, Zcregle1 said:

Hey everyone! New member with a question. I love golden age books for the artwork and recently found a Miss Fury #7 (rated 5.5) and a Miss Fury #6 (rated 3.5.) The covers do present very well so the average to slightly lower average grade isn't a big deal to me. I was hoping to get some help on price though. Seller wants $525 for the pair. Is that a fair price? 

Since these are raw, you might take a look if there any past sales on Ebay which is likely doubtful.  However, go to Heritage and if you have an account, sigh up - it is free and they have their past auction archives resources that may be helpful.  For instance, I did a search for Miss Fury #6 and a raw sold May of last year for #143.40 andf the gradewas G/VG so close to your copy.  It will at least give you a gauge if they had a fairly recent sale(s).   A VG/FN of #7 sold just a few months ago there for just $400 and another lower grade for $262 in January, 2017.  

By the way, they also have high quality scans of at least the front cover.  So based on these sales, I would think the offer price is fair and not a steal but still pretty well aligned with at lesst these sales.  I would ensure as best you can there is no restoration.

Edited by telerites

Thanks very much for the insightful info Telerites! Been doing research all weekend and building a little database (really just an excel workbook with a few columns) with previous sale prices and condition to compare in the future. Heritage has been a great resource. Thank you again!