• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Exclusive High Grade Dare Devil #7 Club
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Since you made the club exclusive for high grade, this former copy can't be a member:

DD7.JPG.c704af4cb437c3a3a1bc3470a7060530.JPG

But this one could, especially since it was graded many years ago, wasn't pressed, and is nicer than many of today's 8.5s:

DD7cgc.JPG.51a3d4a698d3384220966abc663f46c5.JPG

Edited by namisgr

10 hours ago, namisgr said:

Since you made the club exclusive for high grade, this former copy can't be a member:

X

But this one could, especially since it was graded many years ago, wasn't pressed, and is nicer than many of today's 8.5s:

X

I've a similar pair but weaker copies in both cases - a low grade reader I got in a great lot here on boards a while back, from bighairjer selling for his friend Nick, and I so admired Wally Wood superhero work it prompted me to go buy a nicer one on ebay, and ended up with what's probably the lowest possible example of a 'high grade', a nice looking F/VF copy.

CCI09162017.jpg

IMG_3501.JPG

9 hours ago, grube09 said:

Hard to find this book without that right edge top to bottom miscut as well.  That drives my OCD crazy!  

DD #7 might just win the prize for a SA Marvel with THE MOST production defects on a single book.

Ink transfer, Marvel chipping, printing roller marks, bent staples, miswraps, miscuts. Whatever Marvel was doing when this book was printed is a mystery but I've never seen one issue prone to so many defects.

Roy, didn't you have one in high grade? I would like to replace mine with a 9.2 a some point but have been actively looking for almost 3 years with zero luck. With the number of Dare Devil collectors out there and the limited numbers I think the high grades have room to go . That's assuming people are willing to part with them. 

On 9/21/2017 at 10:03 PM, VintageComics said:

DD #7 might just win the prize for a SA Marvel with THE MOST production defects on a single book.

Ink transfer, Marvel chipping, printing roller marks, bent staples, miswraps, miscuts. Whatever Marvel was doing when this book was printed is a mystery but I've never seen one issue prone to so many defects.

No such thing as "printing roller marks" because the rollers never touch the paper as it's being printed

On 9/23/2017 at 12:22 AM, shane1956 said:

Roy, didn't you have one in high grade? I would like to replace mine with a 9.2 a some point but have been actively looking for almost 3 years with zero luck. With the number of Dare Devil collectors out there and the limited numbers I think the high grades have room to go . That's assuming people are willing to part with them. 

I've owned several in 9.4, 9.2 and down to the VF range. Haven't owned one in years now.

10 hours ago, shane1956 said:

Great book! With only 22 9.2s out there that was a great find. How long have you had it? I've been searching for years now to upgrade my 9.0 to a 9.2 but near impossible to find.

Not that long. A couple of years at the most.