• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED BOGO Free Variety Art/Book Team-Ups 7 Lots For Sale

10 posts in this topic

Buy one get one free (equal or lesser value) on these interesting original comic art pieces!  Limited time offer.  Best, David

Thanks for checking this out!  Here is a boards-only thread of seven lots with an eclectic assortment of original comic art with some matching books, or a similar "team-up" item with an appropriate partner.

Shipping is $10 whether you want one or many lots, US only, please.

Check, money order, or Paypal.

Questions or comments welcome in the thread, or send me a personal message.

I will be working on providing detailed images of the seven lots through the week, from left to right as they set on the piano in this first picture.

$125 1988 Dark Horse Pumpkinhead #1 p.7 exorcism movie art McManus McDermott book unread

$125 1996 Image Man Against Time #1 p.3 DeCicco Pepoy book minty

$125 1968 Charlton Abbott And Costello #3 p.20 Scarpelli Captain Costello appearance book VG

$125 1993 Marvel Alpha Flight #118 p.16 Broderick Patterson book decent

$125 1987 Eclipse Mister Monster #8 p.3 layout art with overlay thin stock Gilbert Pacella book Fine

$225 1958 Field Enterprises Berrys (6) comic strip art Carl Grubert full week plus Waugh "The Comics" in Good

$325 2000 Marvel Adventures RPG Cards Art w/Carol Danvers (signed David Boller) and MSH 13 in solid VG+

7artlots.jpg

Edited by aokartman
details

$125 plus $10 total shipping (no limit) for a flat, sturdy cardboard sandwich Priority Mail.  US only, thanks.  Here is page 7 of Pumpkinhead #1 by Shawn McManus and Jim McDermott for Dark Horse Comics in 1993.  Slight old dampstain lower left on the art.  Book is minty.  Based on the cult horror movie. Lettering done directly on the Marvel Comics art board (Lois Buhalis).  Best, David S. Albright

pumpkin7new.jpg

Image.jpg

pump7bottom.jpg

Image.jpg

Image.jpg

Edited by aokartman
new pic and details

Here is another great lot!  $125 includes art, and books 1-3. $10 shipping, OK to combine shipping.  This is original art by Gino DiCicco and Andrew Pepoy for Image Comics "Man Against Time" #1, page 3 featuring the title character.  You will also get issues 1, 2, and 3.

The top two panels are art attachments, all is art.  The lettering is hand-done, attached.  Stamped on the reverse for Gino Decicco (sp.?).

Great page features Law and Troublemaker.

The first two panels had word balloons, these are missing.  And, now as I look at the published page, there is a missing word balloon in the last panel as well; so, we should be grateful there are three original text balloons remaining!  Best, David S. Albright

mantimescan2flip.jpg

mantimescan1flip.jpg

mantime.jpg

mantimelot.jpg

Image.jpg

Image.jpg

Edited by aokartman
details

This morning, here is a lot including Charlton's Abbott and Costello #3 for July 1968 in VG, plus the original art for story page 8 of "Captain Costello" by Henry Scarpelli (all).

It's a great page with Costello, ZEN Men, and villain Dr. Op.

Lettered directly on the page with one correction noted.

Reverse has collector notes and Comics Magazine Code Authority approval stamp for December 15, 1967.

$125 for art and book, plus $10 shipping, US only, please.  Additional lots combine for no extra shipping.

Questions or comments welcome in the thread, or send me a personal message for private conversation.

Thanks for looking, David S. Albright

abbottscan1flip.jpg

abbottscan2flip.jpg

abbottlot.jpg

Image.jpg

Hi, here's a great lot including Marvel's Alpha Flight #118 for March 1993, plus a page of original art from page 13 of the story, drawn by Pat Broderick and Bruce Patterson.

Nice action page shows the villain, Thunderball, beating up on Sasquatch!

The dramatic lettering attachments are complete and original.

I bought this from Bruce Patterson.

$125 plus $10 shipping, US only, no extra shipping if you buy more than one lot.

Thanks for looking, David S. Albright

alpha1.jpg

alpha2.jpg

alphalot.jpg

Image.jpg

Thanks for looking at the details of this Mr. Monster lot!  Issue #8 for Eclipse Comics March 1987 in fine condition, plus a piece of original pencil art by Michael T. Gilbert for story page 3.  These are rough layout pencils on thin white paper, with a tracing paper overlay with rough dialogue.  Small hole in the tracing paper (blank area).  Layout page itself has light overall handling wear.

Poor kid sees his missing father's face in a coin, and so begins an all-new Mr. Monster adventure, ATM, Automatic Terror Machine!

$125 for the book and art.  Add $10 for flat, sturdy shipping, US only, please, and you may combine lots for no extra shipping charge.

Thanks, David S. Albright

monster1.jpg

monster2.jpg

monsterlot.jpg

Image.jpg

Edited by aokartman
details

Hey, here is a nice lot, a full week of Berrys comic strip original art by Carl Grubert for Field Enterprises..  Affectionately known in the collecting community as the poor man's Blondie, this popular strip ran for forty years in newspapers across the country.  I have teamed the strip art up with a first edition copy of The Comics from 1947 by comic artist and historian Coulton Waugh, in good condition with the four color plates intact (Krazy, Nemo, Terry, BUF).  Taped spine.

The strips are dated August 11-16, 1958, maybe your birthday is in there!  They have an attractive blue wash to indicate shaded areas.  A desirable Saturday golf strip is included.

$225 for the strip art and the history.  Shipping is $10 no matter how many lots you buy.

If you already have the book in your library, let me know, and I can make a price adjustment for you.

Best, David S. Albright

berryslot.jpg

berryssixrotate.jpg

Image.jpg

Edited by aokartman
details

$325  OK, thanks for hanging in on this thread!

Here is the Carol Danvers lot which includes Marvel Super Heroes #13, plus a finished David Boller (signed) 11 X 17 sheet of original art from a Marvel Adventures role-playing game I haven't tracked down yet, but I have vetrified the Boller signature.

The book is trending up, and this copy is a nice VG+.  Back cover even better than the front.

The original art shows eight  characters, and I have highlighted Carol Danvers.

Questions, comments welcome!  Check, money order, Paypal accepted.  $10 shipping, US only, please.  Combine shipping with previous lots.

David S. Albright

danverslot.jpg

Image.jpg

Image.jpg

Image.jpg

Image.jpg

BOGO still in effect, bump for this scan of previous artist/dealer/collector notes on reverse of David Boller Marvel hero art sheet describing Guido Carosella, Chamber, Lila Cheney, Collossus, Copycat #9, Damask, Carol Danvers, and Sabretooth.  Thanks for your interest, David S. Albright

Image.jpg