• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today's Score
1 1

21 posts in this topic

This last Wednesday at the comic book store there was a guy trying to sell his comics.  The owner said she was over stocked or something at the moment and suggested craigslist and avoid selling to halfpriced books.  At that point I'm standing there and say, "Watcha got?"  He said he has 5 long boxes he's just looking to sell each comic for $1.  So I stopped by and picked through his 5 long boxes.  $100 later I have 100 comics including the first 46 issues of Saga.  The first issue being the hard to find 4th printing.  All in amazing condition.  Also got a ton of the old Judge Dredd stuff where Jock did the art because I'm a sucker for Jock.  Early Deadpool stuff, but I can't get over that Saga score.

13 minutes ago, Warcrawl said:

This last Wednesday at the comic book store there was a guy trying to sell his comics.  The owner said she was over stocked or something at the moment and suggested craigslist and avoid selling to halfpriced books.  At that point I'm standing there and say, "Watcha got?"  He said he has 5 long boxes he's just looking to sell each comic for $1.  So I stopped by and picked through his 5 long boxes.  $100 later I have 100 comics including the first 46 issues of Saga.  The first issue being the hard to find 4th printing.  All in amazing condition.  Also got a ton of the old Judge Dredd stuff where Jock did the art because I'm a sucker for Jock.  Early Deadpool stuff, but I can't get over that Saga score.

Glad your happy ;) Awesome!!

13 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Nice. Always good to be at the right time and place. However, when buying 100 books, always demand a discount. What could the man have done?

I hear where you're coming from, but I just paid $1 for a book that sells for $200 raw.    Pretty good discount! 

15 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Good days work ....wish I had luck like that lol

Say your prayers and eat your veggies. Maybe someday. 

I was just showing off some 1930s tin toys I found at a garage sale.  My friend was admiring them ,saying how he never finds anything.  I asked him how many garage sales he'd been to and he said, one, maybe two. 

23 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Say your prayers and eat your veggies. Maybe someday. 

I was just showing off some 1930s tin toys I found at a garage sale.  My friend was admiring them ,saying how he never finds anything.  I asked him how many garage sales he'd been to and he said, one, maybe two. 

Hopefully you haggled the guy down!!!

7 hours ago, Warcrawl said:

With Saga #1 4th print selling on ebay right now unslabbed for $150- $200 I am happy.  Honestly didn't know that until after I got home and did some research.  

Saga 1 4th print goes for that much?

On 9/17/2017 at 5:53 PM, comicdonna said:
On 9/17/2017 at 8:17 AM, Aweandlorder said:

This thread has been oakma-kav'd

please proceed with caution

I feel sorry for the OP.  :frown:

Did Oakie drop a Kav, or did Kav drop an Oakie? (shrug)

Edited by lizards2

28 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

What do u call a Kav/Oakie night out at the bar?

A kaveoke night

Non stop talk, but bug free....,  Except for the big one.