• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Higher Grade BA DCs, Marvels, Gold Keys; Treasury lot; more -- ALL SOLD!!!!
3 3

45 posts in this topic

Up for sale tonight…some higher grade raw Bronze Age Marvels, DCs, and Gold Keys.  During the week (as time allows), I'll be adding a treasury lot, some Whitmans/Whitman variants, and a few other odds and ends.  Please stick around!

-----------------------------------

TERMS:

• :takeit: in the thread rules.

• PayPal ONLY for this sale.

• No HOS'ers/probies/etc.

• Payment is due within 3 days of closing the deal unless we've made other arrangements.

DOMESTIC US SHIPPING (fully insured Priority Mail w/extremely secure packaging):

• $7 for 1-3 comics via a flat-rate Priority ENVELOPE;

$14 for 4 or more comics via a flat rate Priority BOX.

ALL higher grade books (VF+ and up) & individually listed lower grade books ship in freshly bagged and boarded in new 725M+ Mylites; lower grade lots ship in fresh polybags.

NOTE: I am sometimes able to ship the same day that payment is received, but usually no later than one day after payment is received.

***VERY IMPORTANT NOTE -- US shipping only, very sorry!***

RETURNS:  

• Shouldn't be necessary, but…I'm reasonable -- if there's a problem of ANY kind, please PM me and we WILL work it out to your satisfaction.

Need larger scans? Detail pics? Interior pics? More info? Please feel free to PM me.

Finally, my feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me):

-----------------------------------

Listings will be up in a few.  Thanks for looking!

Edited by jools&jim

Detective Comics #437: First "modern" Manhunter by Archie Goodwin and Walt Simonson -- an early/mid-'70s high point for DC. Underrated, and not a super easy book to find in nice shape these days, either.  

This copy is very fresh -- smooth and glossy…it wanted to slide across my scanner.  A few spine ticks, some ncb wear, and a production crease on the back cover are about the worst of it.  

A very, very nice example for the assigned grade -- you won't be disappointed.

VF++.

$60 + shipping.

Detective-437a copy.JPG

Detective-437b copy.JPG

Both of these higher grade Gold Keys are from the same OO collection…

Banana Splits #2:   9.0+.  Very sharp copy for the grade -- a small collection of spine tics, some of which don't show in the scan, plus some light ncb wear to the front cover are the worst of it.  The corners are sharp, and the staples are as shiny as the day the book rolled off the presses.

Banana Splits #6:  9.2/9.4 -- possibly better.  A beautiful copy all around.

File copies? They sure look and feel like it, and they do turn up here in MD, but I can't say for sure...

$55 + shipping for the pair.

banana splits 2A copy.JPG

banana splits 2B copy.JPG

banana splits 6A copy.JPG

banana splits 6B copy.JPG

BA Byrne Avengers lot - 185, 186, 187: Absolutely classic -- the late-'70s, 3-issue Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver origin story by Micheline and Byrne...kind of a dry run for Claremont and Byrne's "Dark Phoenix Saga" in X-Men which struck gold a year or so later.

These are fresh and unread early direct market copies -- all from the same OO collection, and all in the 9.2/9.4 range.  Some very light ncb wear is about the worst of it.

$45 + shipping for all three.

SOLD!!!

Avengers185.JPG

Avengers186.JPG

Avengers187.JPG

Edited by jools&jim

Secret Society of Super-Villains #2:  Re-intro of Captain Comet and origin re-told + a fairly early "re-boot"/re-purposing of elements from Kirby's "Fourth World/New Gods" saga, which is as important to DC's cinematic universe as Starlin's "borrowed" Kirby-isms are to Marvel's!

An overlooked and underrated gem that I've always loved.  

Manitoba copy -- 9.2 w/certificate.

$25 + shipping.

SecretSociety2.JPG

Mixed "oddball" Marvel/DC Lot:

Includes the following…

• Ghosts #12 - VG+.

• House of Mystery #198 - VF.

Strange Sports Stories #2 - Fine+.

• Millie the Model #198 - F/VF.  Looks and feels a good bit nicer, but there is some foxing to the bottom edge of the FC.

• My Love #11 - VG/VG+.  Back cover has a few small vertical tears along the top edge.

• Our Love Story #21 - VG+.

$15 + shipping for the whole lot.

Mixed-Lot1.JPG

Mixed-Lot2.JPG

Mixed-Lot3.JPG

Mixed-Lot4.JPG

Mixed-Lot5.JPG

Mixed-Lot6.JPG

Edited by jools&jim

Flash Gordon Whitman Lot:

Includes all three installments (#31, 32, & 33) of the ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR 1981 movie adaptation written by Bruce Jones, and drawn in high EC style by the legendary Al Williamson.

All of these appear to be unread, are VF+ or better, and are all from the same OO collection -- mostly ncb and/or general storage wear to the spines and front covers are the worst of it.

$20 + shipping for the whole lot.

SOLD!!!

FlashGord31.JPG

FlashGord32.JPG

FlashGord33.JPG

Edited by jools&jim

19 hours ago, jools&jim said:

Flash Gordon Whitman Lot:

Includes all three installments (#31, 32, & 33) of the ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR 1981 movie adaptation written by Bruce Jones, and drawn in high EC style by the legendary Al Williamson.

All of these appear to be unread, are VF+ or better, and are all from the same OO collection -- mostly ncb and/or general storage wear to the spines and front covers are the worst of it.

$20 + shipping for the whole lot.

flash-jump-o.gif

I'll be adding some new items later tonight. 

In the meantime, take 20% OFF of every "single" book listed thus far; and 10% OFF of all the multi-book lots listed up to this point (i.e., these discounts do not apply to anything listed after this post)...

Edited by jools&jim