• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Higher Grade BA DCs, Marvels, Gold Keys; Treasury lot; more -- ALL SOLD!!!!
3 3

45 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2017 at 7:59 PM, jools&jim said:

Flash Gordon Whitman Lot:

Includes all three installments (#31, 32, & 33) of the ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR 1981 movie adaptation written by Bruce Jones, and drawn in high EC style by the legendary Al Williamson.

All of these appear to be unread, are VF+ or better, and are all from the same OO collection -- mostly ncb and/or general storage wear to the spines and front covers are the worst of it.

$20 + shipping for the whole lot.

FlashGord31.JPG

FlashGord32.JPG

FlashGord33.JPG

:takeit: and the Super-Friends!

13 minutes ago, adampasz said:

Loved the movie and the comics as a kid. Had no idea it was Williamson!

I was in high school when the movie came out...was kinda lukewarm on it at the time, but now love it for the colorful, high-energy, camp classic that it is.  Modern-day superhero movies would do well to take note!

The comic adaptation is aces -- with his old Warren buddy Bruce Jones scripting, Williamson hit yet another high in a career that was almost nothing but, and if I remember correctly started drawing the Star Wars newspaper strip not long thereafter. 

It's great stuff...glad it's going to a fan!

Edited by jools&jim

For a 9-year-old it was the greatest thing ever since Star Wars. And I've always been into the world of Flash Gordon for whatever reason.

I own very few Trades, but I will never get rid of these Flash Gordons! (My mom had a grad student that went to work at Kitchen Sink Press, and he gave me them.)
59c1c4369eb60_PhotoSep1962435PM.thumb.jpg.ff8a1fa17a19480b38ea64ad330d631e.jpg

Marvel & DC Treasury Lot:

Includes the following 7 reading copies -- all 100% complete and readable & in the G/VG range, unless otherwise noted below:

Marvel Treasury Edition #2 - Fantastic Four. King-size Klassic King Kirby reprints!!

Marvel Treasury Special 1974 - Giant Superhero Holiday Grab-Bag.

Marvel Super Special #8 (1978) - Battlestar Galactica.

• DC Limited Collectors' Edition C-51 - Batman: Reprints the first classic Ra's Al Ghul storyline by Neal Adams, with a new late '70s wraparound cover by Adams at the height of his prowess.

• DC Limited Collectors' Edition C-25 - Batman.  Back cover missing; all interior pages & stories are complete and readable,  including another '70s classic from Adams! Fair.

Famous First Edition F-4 - Whiz Comics #1 (2 copies).  Underneath the outer cardstock cover is an authentic reproduction of Fawcett's Whiz Comics #1 (from 1940, featuring the origin and first appearance of Captain Marvel), right down to front and back covers (inside covers too!) printed on glossy comic cover stock, and all interior text and ad pages.  This is also the first time that the complete original Fawcett origin story was reprinted under the DC banner (DC's first issue of Shazam, which re-introduced the character in 1973, featured a newly produced re-telling of the origin story).

$50 shipped in the US for the lot. (NOTE: Boxed domestic US Priority Mail shipping is included in the price of this lot).

treas1.JPG

treas2.JPG

treas3.JPG

Edited by jools&jim

That's all for tonight, with more to follow later in the week before I wrap everything up early next week.

In the meantime, please see here for a lot of Marvel Masterworks I have for sale in the Mixed Forum:

Marvel Masterworks

I'd prefer to sell these as a lot, but am very much open to offers on individual books, and will gladly combine shipping with sales from this thread.  Try me!!!

Edited by jools&jim

On 9/17/2017 at 5:27 PM, jools&jim said:

BA Byrne Avengers lot - 185, 186, 187: Absolutely classic -- the late-'70s, 3-issue Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver origin story by Micheline and Byrne...kind of a dry run for Claremont and Byrne's "Dark Phoenix Saga" in X-Men which struck gold a year or so later.

These are fresh and unread early direct market copies -- all from the same OO collection, and all in the 9.2/9.4 range.  Some very light ncb wear is about the worst of it.

$45 + shipping for all three.

Avengers185.JPG

Avengers186.JPG

Avengers187.JPG

I can't let these books sit here without a home. It's disgraceful! As a kid I was a HUGE Quicksilver fan and I remember my heart skipping a beat when I first saw #185 at the newsstand. I already have these but I need to upgrade therefore a huge :takeit:is in order.  

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

I can't let these books sit here without a home. It's disgraceful! As a kid I was a HUGE Quicksilver fan and I remember my heart skipping a beat when I first saw #185 at the newsstand. I already have these but I need to upgrade therefore a huge :takeit:is in order.  

^^   Thanks! You got 'em!!!

3 hours ago, NoMan said:

Great pickup. I also devoured these as a kid.

Sorry for the sluggish pace of this thread!  I'll be listing some more books later tonight.

In the meantime, and until the new listings start later this evening, take 20% OFF anything not marked as SOLD in the thread so far (single books or multi-issue lots).

Also, please feel free to make an offer on any/all of my Masterworks hardcovers and trades listed in the Mixed forum:

Marvel Masterworks

(thumbsu

Edited by jools&jim

Captain Marvel Lot:

Includes the following 7 issues: 46, 47, 48, 52, 54, 55, 56.  Grades are in the Fine range, with a few closer to F/VF.  

Think the post-Starlin issues are lackluster and boring?  Hardly!  Check out the two interior pages pictured below, courtesy of Chris Claremont and Al Milgrom (clearly influenced by Starlin's work) -- things were still PLENTY black-light funky during the 1976 - 1978 era!

$10 with NO extra shipping charge for the lot to anyone who has already made a purchase in this thread, or to anyone who makes a purchase going forward.

CapMarvLot1.JPG

CapMarvLot2.JPG

CapMarvLot3.JPG

CapMarvLot4.JPG

CapMarvLot5.JPG

CapMarvLot6.JPG

CapMarvLot7.JPG

CapMarvLot8.JPG

12 minutes ago, jools&jim said:

Up next...a two-book dispatch from the counterculture, DC-style, ca. 1970 - 1973!!

Stay tuned in, baby!!!

Sounds groooovy!

Early '70s DC Counterculture/Drug Lot:

Includes the following…

• Flash #226: In the super groovy backup story, clean-living Green Lantern trips out on magic mushrooms in a code-approved book, courtesy of Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams! 

VG.

• Brave and Bold #94: Batman meets the "Don't Trust Anyone Over 30" crowd, as presented by Bob Haney and Nick Cardy -- both of whom were gloriously over 30 at the time they created this one, and God bless 'em for it!

Looks and feels VF/NM or so, but a stain on the lower rhc of the back cover (which migrates to the same spot on the last few pages) knocks it down.

$10 + shipping for both.

CC1-Flash226-A.JPG

CC2-Flash226-B.JPG

CC3-Flash226-C.JPG

CC4-Flash226-D.JPG

CC5-Flash226-E.JPG

CC6-Flash226-F.JPG

CC7-BB94-A.JPG

CC7-BB94-B.JPG

CC7-BB94-C.JPG

Edited by jools&jim