• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sparkle City Comics
4 4

157 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, FN-2199 said:

I've bought several lots (short boxes) of moderns from them and they are a favorite seller of mine for those types of auctions. Their "average grade" assigned to the lot has been accurate. I also wish some other dealers would ship the way they do. I don't worry about how Sparkle City ships shorts and longs.

Lately, I've seen raw singles up for auction that I'm interested in but the condition looks to be exaggerated and there is tough competition in bidding so I stay away. I would love to see some more of their bulk auctions.

Agreed. I've done well buying larger modern-ish near-mint lots from them, but generally stay away from the single issue "high grade" raw books as there are rarely any good deals to be had. 

Just now, CCGmod0 said:
39 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

They must have pull on these boards, as my honest assessment has been removed.

Buy with confidence!

Masking was removed

There was no masking - check your work - I wrote *spoon*  - that's right asterisk spoon asterisk

Is that now considered masking?

Just now, lizards2 said:

There was no masking - check your work - I wrote *spoon*  - that's right asterisk spoon asterisk

I *spoon*ing hope not.

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

I was informed, via pm, that Sparkle City is not just Neat Stuff without Mike.

They PM you too ?! 

Was it a long PM?  I got a REALLY long PM. 

35 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

They PM you too ?! 

Was it a long PM?  I got a REALLY long PM. 

No, short and to the point.  Sparkle City is more than just Neat Stuff without Mike.  There was a bit more, but not germane to this thread.

4 minutes ago, CGCModOblows said:
20 hours ago, lizards2 said:

lol ModO is a fuccking assshole.

The warning was actually from Mod 1, and said nothing about what I supposedly did.  Mod 0 was the one that told me what I supposedly did, after I posted about the apparent Sparkle City influence.  I still don't see how typing asterisk s p o o n asterisk constitutes masking in the traditional sense.  (shrug)

Maybe we won't be able to post Tick comic books here anymore....,