• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sparkle City Comics
4 4

157 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

and  you don't have to be a megasaurass about it.

butt...butt..

how else will my anus be famous????

Shouldn't you be over on eBay, bidding on some of Sparkle City-Wok's auctions?

I had purchased from them several times in the past when they had mid-high end graded keys.  I had no issues at all with them.

But for whatever reason they then went to half-graded/half raw and now it seems almost exclusively raw and I haven't bought from them in a long time.  Several years.

14 minutes ago, Erndog said:

I had purchased from them several times in the past when they had mid-high end graded keys.  I had no issues at all with them.

But for whatever reason they then went to half-graded/half raw and now it seems almost exclusively raw and I haven't bought from them in a long time.  Several years.

Someone said they typically get 10% over GPA for raw books - do you blame them for not getting books graded?

I was looking at the Hulk 182 they have posted on ebay as "9.2 NM- condition, has off-white to white pages and is unrestored." But I'm pretty sure it's trimmed (or at least it appears that way to me). So I'm a little leery. 

I don't really have a good eye for restoration of any type so when I see something I always have to think, what else am I missing. hm

9 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

One of the few EBay vendors I have on my follow list.  Great packaging.  Grading maybe a few points above what it should be but not enough to complain about.

I personally don't have a bad thing to say about them.  Great source for raw copies in higher grades.

Sadly a few points on an expensive key book is a terrible loss to the buyer.

4 hours ago, comic_memories said:

Sadly a few points on an expensive key book is a terrible loss to the buyer.

True.  But grading isn't an exact science.  They provide plenty of detailed pictures at every angle for buyers to make their own assessment.

My only point is that from my experience with them they aren't egregiously (or deliberately) trying to rip me off. 

***I'm assuming somebody who drops $1K on a book would have a general knowledge of grading

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

True.  But grading isn't an exact science.  They provide plenty of detailed pictures at every angle for buyers to make their own assessment.

My only point is that from my experience with them they aren't egregiously (or deliberately) trying to rip me off. 

***I'm assuming somebody who drops $1K on a book would have a general knowledge of grading

Hosing the ignorant may be an egregious offense in many people's book.

On 9/17/2017 at 9:30 PM, comicquant said:

I was kidding of course but it does seem the back covers don't always match the grade

doh! wish I had read the next few replies--- went to the listing and put some serious eye-strain on my brain trying to read that ridiculously long and super tiny printed fine print looking for that comment about just grading front covers.

6 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

doh! wish I had read the next few replies--- went to the listing and put some serious eye-strain on my brain trying to read that ridiculously long and super tiny printed fine print looking for that comment about just grading front covers.

That was my attempt at thwarting the anonymous PM about them not only grading front covers...  It didn't work.

Edited by comicquant

19 minutes ago, comicquant said:
7 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

That was my attempt at thwarting the anonymous PM about them not only grading front covers...  It didn't work.

Wow - now there are anonymous PMs?  How does that work? (shrug)