• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect 11/13 auction
1 1

60 posts in this topic

All I can say is that if I was a consignor, I would certainly not be happy with the timing of this auction here.

In the one just completed last week, they went head to head against CL and it would appear that many of their books did not do as well as expected.  For this upcoming auction in November, it looks like they've clearly decided to go head to head against the heritage Auction which is also taking place on the exact same week.  :slapfight:

Not sure what their game plan is here, although I believe the actual times within the day might be slightly different, but still.   :screwy:  doh!

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, SuperBird said:

wow that's nuts. I just looked at the my usual stuff, saw 3 copies of Action 13, 4 copies of 15, and was like :whatthe:

50 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Tec 62 and Tec 71 in CGC 9.4 :whatthe:

Where are you guys seeing all of these books or is it because you are the big buyers and have special access?  lol

When I just checked their site, it only shows 2 Action 13's, 3 Action 15's, and no 'Tec 62 at all so far, although they do have the CGC 9.4 'Tec 71 there.

And they also have 4 copies of the supposedly HTF Detective 29 in this auction.  :whatthe: 

8 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

And they also have 4 copies of the supposedly HTF Detective 29 in this auction.  :whatthe: 

2 copies are coverless. :makepoint:

The conserved 6.5 copy used to be this one

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=700355

The only "new" copy is the 7.5 A-5 and even then I'd have to check. No time now.

Edited by Gotham Kid

53 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

All I can say is that if I was a consignor, I would certainly not be happy with the timing of this auction here.

In the one just completed last week, they went head to head against CL and it would appear that many of their books did not do as well as expected.  For this upcoming auction in November, it looks like they've clearly decided to go head to head against the heritage Auction which is also taking place on the exact same week.  :slapfight:

Not sure what their game plan is here, although I believe the actual times within the day might be slightly different, but still.   :screwy:  doh!

agreed, they should of done it one week earlier  than Ha.com

59 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Oh, my bad.  :facepalm:

It looks like the CC auction actually ends in December and only starts in the same week that the heritage auction ends.  Either way, December is not necessarily the best time for an auction to end as potential bidders are sometimes just too busy to focus on comic books.  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

3 hours ago, buttock said:

Do the books from the "Hidden Valley" collection come with a bottle of ranch dressing? 

Isn't the collection name -"Hidden Valley," an oxymoron?  I mean it's not hidden anymore since they found it so "Found Valley" would be more appropriate :smirk: