• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One staple detached

8 posts in this topic

According to overstreet a book with one staple detached from the cover is a max 3.5. I have a few books that are otherwise in the 8.0 to 9+ range except for a single staple detached from the cover. Grading them as 3.5 seems harsh. Does anyone know how CGC deals with books like these. I'm in the process of grading my entire collection to prepare to sell and I'm really not sure how to grade or price these anomalies.

On 9/18/2017 at 1:39 PM, Terrapin said:

According to overstreet a book with one staple detached from the cover is a max 3.5. I have a few books that are otherwise in the 8.0 to 9+ range except for a single staple detached from the cover. Grading them as 3.5 seems harsh. Does anyone know how CGC deals with books like these. I'm in the process of grading my entire collection to prepare to sell and I'm really not sure how to grade or price these anomalies.

High grade books will usually get a Qualified grade. Mid to low grade range will usually just be downgraded (such as has been described above). Hope this helps...

52 minutes ago, allthingskryptonite said:

I wanted to ask this question again. Highest possible (blue label) grade for a comic with one staple detached?

For example take this book: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253639066279

The highest grade I've seen for a blue label book with the cover detached from one staple is 7.0...

1 hour ago, The Lions Den said:

High grade books will usually get a Qualified grade. Mid to low grade range will usually just be downgraded (such as has been described above). Hope this helps...

I’ve seen this example with a qualified green label 9.0 Daredevil 158 with a detached cover