• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone own a CGC 10?
3 3

159 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, mosconi said:

I seem to recall a fellow boardie posted this one some time ago, but I could be wrong:

new-mutants-98-cgc-10.0

Looks like this copy was graded back in 2013. 

Wasn't that considered to be a relatively loose grading time period for CGC?  Wondered if the book would receive the same GEM Mint 10.0 grade if regraded today?  hm

Any idea what this copy sold for or is it best to ask somebody like Boston Corbett what a book like this would be worth?  lol   :tonofbricks:

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Wasn't that considered to be a relatively loose grading time period for CGC?  Wondered if the book would receive the same GEM Mint 10.0 grade if regraded today?  hm

Any idea what this copy sold for or is it best to ask somebody like Boston Corbett what a book like this would be worth?  lol   :tonofbricks:

Just in case Boston Corbett does a name search for himself, I want to post the GPA data, so he can suck it.

view.png
  (1) $7,500Hi  

view.png
  (1) $7,600Hi  

view.png
  (6) $7,500Hi $3,650Lo

view.png
  (3) $6,300Hi $5,700Lo

view.png
  (1) $12,250Hi  

9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like it sold for $15,449 Comiclink 2013

11 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Just in case Boston Corbett does a name search for himself, I want to post the GPA data, so he can suck it.

view.png
  (1) $7,500Hi  

view.png
  (1) $7,600Hi  

view.png
  (6) $7,500Hi $3,650Lo

view.png
  (3) $6,300Hi $5,700Lo

view.png
  (1) $12,250Hi  

Thus endeth the lesson!  :roflmao:

2 minutes ago, Silver Surfer said:

I had a 10.0 of that Marvel/DC cross over that last 4 issues [can't recall the name of it?]. Actually I think I had all 4 issues in 10.0, or most of them? So many years ago.:p

JLA/Avengers maybe?   The format of that book would've lent itself to lots of uber-HG copies. 

49 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Makes you wonder why someone way back when thought "This.  This book right here needs to be kept in pristine condition forever."

Apparently, these were kept in an old dentist (?) office that remained untouched for decades.

1 minute ago, greggy said:

Apparently, these were kept in an old dentist (?) office that remained untouched for decades.

Gotta give the book props for its survival skills.  I mean, there had to have come at least one point where someone said aloud "why are we keeping dental hygiene comics from the 40's?  Heck, it probably recommends a morning, noon, and night Lucky Strike per day!" 

1 hour ago, DanCooper said:

Found this list of oldest CGC 10s from earlier this year:

http://www.slabdata.com/blog/2017/01/20/cgc-10-the-oldest-comics-graded-perfect-10/

Thanks for the link.  Interesting data!  Didn't realize just how few SA and BA copies are actually out there.  Btw, it's not mine or anyone's I know, but found the Battlestar Galactica up for sale :baiting:

battlestar.jpg

The better question is how many 10's exist that someone would actually want to own? Is anyone dying to own the dentist promo for any reason other than it is the oldest 10 in existance?

(Admittedly there are a few cool 10's out there. The LW&C and Wolvie 1 are pretty neat!)

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:
2 hours ago, seanfingh said:

view.png
  (1) $7,500Hi  

view.png
  (1) $7,600Hi  

view.png
  (6) $7,500Hi $3,650Lo

view.png
  (3) $6,300Hi $5,700Lo

view.png
  (1) $12,250Hi  

Thus endeth the lesson!  :roflmao:

Wonder if he's still employed as an economics professor at whatever big university it was.  lol

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, that was my book, graded in 2013 auctioned on the Link.  There hasn't been another to my knowledge and it has not resold (that I know of).  

8 minutes ago, Foolkiller said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, that was my book, graded in 2013 auctioned on the Link.  There hasn't been another to my knowledge and it has not resold (that I know of).  

Brian;

Congrats on being able to track down such a nice copy of this hugely in-demand book and being able to get over $15K from it.  :applause:

:idea:  Maybe if you had contacted Boston about your copy, he might have given you a lot more money for it plus thrown in his 9.9 copy just to get your 10.0 graded copy out of the marketplace.  lol

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Brian;

Congrats on being able to track down such a nice copy of this hugely in-demand book and being able to get over $15K from it.  :applause:

:idea:  Maybe if you had contacted Boston about your copy, he might have given you a lot more money for it plus thrown in his 9.9 copy just to get your 10.0 graded copy out of the marketplace.  lol

LOL.  Maybe, maybe.  I actually did not do much tracking, I bought it as a throw in with 2 other NM 98s.  I wasn't even going to sub it, but needed to round out an invoice so put it in.  It was bought at a local con in Maryland.

Edited by Foolkiller