• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone own a CGC 10?
3 3

159 posts in this topic

I do not have a picture, but I remeber a few years ago when DC did the lenticular covers.  They had a plastic material over the top, and because of that were more resistant to damage than your average books.  I remeber seeing several 10's from those covers.

A good point was made in here. A lot of GFTs come back 9.9's. Do you all own any? They are printed on thicker paper for one. Don't have any fold marks along the spine and have pointy sharp corners. Most of the marvels and DCs I get have a fold line along spine or tiny split on corner, and/or you can see where it was cut at the bottom left or top left corner. They say that fold line doesnt affect grade, but Ill refer to my inhumans prime that is slabbed. Only defect is the normal fold line on spine with one horizontal crease(less than 1mm). Its like a tiny fleck off the line. Should be a 9.8 with only that  if fold line is disregarded-graded 9.6.

I dont have any 9.9s or 10s yet, but i did sub 4 GFTs for press and grade just to see if I can get one! I might be posting pics soon............

Btw. Those are some great looking books everyone.

Edited by Konrad5288

On 10/6/2017 at 7:39 PM, Konrad5288 said:

A good point was made in here. A lot of GFTs come back 9.9's. Do you all own any? They are printed on thicker paper for one. Don't have any fold marks along the spine and have pointy sharp corners. Most of the marvels and DCs I get have a fold line along spine or tiny split on corner, and/or you can see where it was cut at the bottom left or top left corner. They say that fold line doesnt affect grade, but Ill refer to my inhumans prime that is slabbed. Only defect is the normal fold line on spine with one horizontal crease(less than 1mm). Its like a tiny fleck off the line. Should be a 9.8 with only that  if fold line is disregarded-graded 9.6.

I dont have any 9.9s or 10s yet, but i did sub 4 GFTs for press and grade just to see if I can get one! I might be posting pics soon............

Btw. Those are some great looking books everyone.

Hi Konrad. I've yet to post on these boards, but am excited to in response to your inquiry. I have submitted close to 200 comics for grading since around 2015 and just now in one hit have a 9.9 and 10.0 on the way. I'll post photos next week when they arrive. :) First of each ever and there were several I was hopeful for 9.9 - but always end up 9.8.

Aaron

image.thumb.png.d33794740b608f4f2e8aba8823ed7c49.png

44 minutes ago, Acegraphix said:

Hi Konrad. I've yet to post on these boards, but am excited to in response to your inquiry. I have submitted close to 200 comics for grading since around 2015 and just now in one hit have a 9.9 and 10.0 on the way. I'll post photos next week when they arrive. :) First of each ever and there were several I was hopeful for 9.9 - but always end up 9.8.

Aaron

image.thumb.png.d33794740b608f4f2e8aba8823ed7c49.png

Grimm Fairy Tales is notorious for those kinds of grades (thumbsu I think it is the way that they are made, but regardless, pretty cool! Congrats! :foryou: 

On 9/19/2017 at 4:25 PM, entalmighty1 said:

I know a few books from the 1968 Marvel #1's got 9.9's, but I can't recall if there was a 10 in that group or not.

• Nick Fury 1 9.9
  • Iron Man 1 9.9 ( 2 copies )
  • Captain America 100 9.9 ( 2 copies )
  • Iron Man and Sub-mariner 9.9

All belonged to same owner.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:
  • Nick Fury 1 9.9

I know a dealer that sold at least one of the Iron Man 1 9.9's, but I'm not sure if he got them from the OO, or bought them already slabbed and was reselling them. (shrug) 

5 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:
1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:
  • Nick Fury 1 9.9

I know a dealer that sold at least one of the Iron Man 1 9.9's, but I'm not sure if he got them from the OO, or bought them already slabbed and was reselling them. (shrug) 

They all initially belonged to Darren Adams of Pristine Comics ( the Action Comics 1 9.0 guy). All the books found their way to an auction block (some several times) thereafter.

Edited by Gotham Kid

I don't think it would be very easy to do, but it would be interesting to compare the types of paper used for the CGC 9.9 and CGC 10 books on the census.  I would guess that there are probably 20 "not normal paper" CGC 9.9+ slabs for every one "normal paper" CGC 9.9+.

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
  • Nick Fury 1 9.9

Wow...that is awesome! 

19 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Marvel "collectible" classics Spider-man #2

Or, for those who want to pretend there wasn't a decade in between... 'Spider-man #1 Chromium'.

More popular is Marvel Collectible Classics: Spider-man #1 which people like to pretend is "Amazing Spider-man #300 Chromium variant" without mentioning the ten years laterlol