• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do you purchase you CGC comics?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I hope I'm not asking a question previously asked. 

I'm recently getting back into collecting and now that I am I really want to just consintrate on CGC books. However, I'm seeing a few different sites to purchase them from (i.e. comiclink, mycomicshop.com, and ebay)

My question is which sites do you use to purchase your CGC books from and why or why not? 

Also, if there are others that are good please let me know.

Thank you in advance for the help!!

One of the best places is right here in the marketplace.  Also, there's a lot of members here, that are dealers.  You can usually find a link to their website in their sig.  Heritage Auctions is another good place to buy, too. 

Mostly, I send in my own books here to CGC. 99% of the time I'm always very happy with their service. I buy one on ebay every now and then with mixed results.If you buy one for a low price on ebay, message the seller before you pay and make sure they will pack it super safe and ship it priority.If you feel your address is not secure get them to add signature delivery. Offer to pay any additional costs up front so they will take care of you. if they list a comic with free shipping you can't expect them to ship it priority.

Sometimes you can get a good deal on ebay when the outer case gets a crack  And if aesthetics that have no effect on the books value are your thing, it's only about $30(including shipping) to send it to CGC and have them put it in a brand new case and ship it back UPS or FedEx.

I recently bought a N EXTREMELY CRACKED CASE, very old cased book off ebay from a dealer in Canada that was a very high grade...30 bucks later I'm driving a Cadillac!

Hope that helps?

Pizzafist

Edited by Pizzafist

the most popular auctions are heritage, pedigree comics (though the owner has questionable morals at best), comic link, comic connect, my comic shop, and ebay (less consistent in terms of packaging).

For just buying (no auction), there's a lot of boardies here that have sites.  If you want non-key stuff at ok prices, try worldwide.  Ebay is worth a look.  or the sales threads here on the boards. 

OR if you have some specifics you're look for, there's 'Want to Buy' subforum here in this website you can post your wants and people (in theory) will respond.