• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What books are hard to find currently that weren't same time last year?

19 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I second that. I have many of them saved as ebay searches and they pop up even less frequently than they did 5 years ago

But Centaurs are plentiful.  Other previously scarce books too.  It appears cyclical.

What's interesting to me is we're seeing some significant buy and hold collections coming up for auction.  Berk, Hidden Valley, items that haven't been available in 20 years.

WW2 books are getting scarce. I track about 130 titles on eBay every week, and last year I would find about 10-20 books of interest per week that were up for auction. Rather suddenly last May things dried up. I went from 10-20 books/week to 0/week, and things haven't improved much since then. As an example, this week I have only found 3 books on eBay that are of interest; last week I found 5.

As someone mentioned above, this phenomenon is cyclical in nature, but now there's less available even in the good phases of the cycle!

--ElJay

On 9/20/2017 at 5:13 AM, The-Collector said:

Most good LB Cole covers have evaporated. 

Thankfully there's a ton of them. :)  I can't believe the $$$ the romance covers are getting.  The horror  /  sci-fi covers always get bank but that aspect seems to be spreading to other genres.  

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:20 PM, sfcityduck said:

But Centaurs are plentiful.  Other previously scarce books too.  It appears cyclical.

What's interesting to me is we're seeing some significant buy and hold collections coming up for auction.  Berk, Hidden Valley, items that haven't been available in 20 years.

LOL. Centaurs are not "plentiful".

1 hour ago, goldust40 said:

On eBay, I have Timelys on my searches - rarely does an early issue of the key titles turn up anymore, if ever. I tend to see the same books on those searches pretty much every time...

+1

I used to be able to pick up 2 or 3 Captain Americas on a good year. Not anymore.

13 hours ago, sagii said:

Thank you! I remember reading something like that in another thread. Will do!

Lastly, you can also refine the search to exclude specific sellers as well.

On the left-hand side, go to "More Refinements" at the bottom --> Seller --> Specific Sellers (Exclude)

Once all of that is done, you can save your search and all of your qualifiers will be intact.

Edited by manetteska